Another OAP killed by a cyclist

Old December 18th 12, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Another OAP killed by a cyclist

What happened to bicycles being so manouevreable and stopping on a sixpence
and being so light they never hurt anyone?
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ail/story.html

Old December 18th 12, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 18/12/2012 11:05, Mrcheerful wrote:
What happened to bicycles being so manouevreable and stopping on a sixpence
and being so light they never hurt anyone?
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ail/story.html

What happened to the "cyclists can't kill" theory?

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old December 18th 12, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
DavidR[_4_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

What happened to bicycles being so manouevreable and stopping on a
sixpence and being so light they never hurt anyone?

The man was obviously walking too fast for the conditions. I bet you're
terribly disappointed that you weren't able to mention pavements or red
traffic
lights.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ail/story.html

Old December 18th 12, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Dec 18, 8:56*pm, "DavidR" wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

What happened to bicycles being so manouevreable and stopping on a
sixpence and being so light they never hurt anyone?

The man was obviously walking too fast for the conditions. I bet you're
terribly disappointed that you weren't able to mention pavements or red
traffic
lights.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...n-cyclist-Long...

I regularly manage to avoid pedestrians who cross the road without
looking, but I'm not getting any younger, and the pedestrians are
always working out new ruses. And don't ask me whether they wear
helmets!
Old December 19th 12, 02:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:05:11 +0000, Mrcheerful wrote:

What happened to bicycles being so manouevreable and stopping on a
sixpence and being so light they never hurt anyone?
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...-cyclist-Long-

Clawson/story-17609643-detail/story.html

Bicycles are. Maybe some people riding them aren't.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old December 19th 12, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

DavidR wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

What happened to bicycles being so manouevreable and stopping on a
sixpence and being so light they never hurt anyone?

The man was obviously walking too fast for the conditions. I bet
you're terribly disappointed that you weren't able to mention
pavements or red traffic
lights.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ail/story.html

I doubt very much that it was the pedestrian that was moving too fast to
avoid a collision. Do you really think the 80 year old walked or ran into a
stationary cyclist, killing himself in the process?

Old December 19th 12, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"DavidR" wrote in message ...

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

What happened to bicycles being so manouevreable and stopping on a
sixpence and being so light they never hurt anyone?

The man was obviously walking too fast for the conditions. I bet you're
terribly disappointed that you weren't able to mention pavements or red
traffic
lights.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ail/story.html

10 out of 10 effort on that wriggle.

Old December 19th 12, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:05:11 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
What happened to bicycles being so manouevreable and stopping on a sixpence
and being so light they never hurt anyone?

More odd claims.
If you are new here, Cheerless likes to misrepresent what has been posted in the past. Nobody claims bicycles are capable of stopping on a sixpence and only Doug ever claimed cylists didn't hurt or even kill people.

Old December 19th 12, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
DavidR[_4_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote
DavidR wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

What happened to bicycles being so manouevreable and stopping on a
sixpence and being so light they never hurt anyone?

The man was obviously walking too fast for the conditions. I bet
you're terribly disappointed that you weren't able to mention
pavements or red traffic
lights.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...ail/story.html

I doubt very much that it was the pedestrian that was moving too fast to
avoid a collision. Do you really think the 80 year old walked or ran into
a stationary cyclist, killing himself in the process?

I don't think so. It's a deduction I made with Cheerless logic.

Old December 19th 12, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 19/12/2012 09:59, PhilO wrote:
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:05:11 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
What happened to bicycles being so manouevreable and stopping on a
sixpence and being so light they never hurt anyone?

More odd claims. If you are new here, Cheerless likes to misrepresent
what has been posted in the past. Nobody claims bicycles are capable
of stopping on a sixpence and only Doug ever claimed cylists didn't
hurt or even kill people.

Here he goes again, deep in denial.

Loads & loads of psycholists have made the claim that cycles stop faster
than any other vehicle on the planet and that cyclists cannot kill people.

Cyclist killed Anton Berlin Racing 2 July 24th 10 04:08 AM
Cyclist killed in hit and run Anton Berlin Racing 4 June 8th 09 07:03 PM
Cyclist is killed in hit-and-run Alex Potter UK 0 April 12th 08 05:47 PM
Pedestrian killed by cyclist (BNE) and cyclist killed by car (MEL) Adrian Cook Australia 26 July 20th 06 03:55 AM
Another cyclist Killed!! smiles Racing 9 August 30th 04 03:44 PM