Cassette change?

Old July 30th 20, 10:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Cassette change?

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 21:06:55 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 07:16:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have a degree in Navigation from the San Francisco Maritime Academy

Umm... I don't see such a degree being offered by CSUM:
http://catalog.csum.edu/content.php?catoid=9&navoid=608
There is a "Naval Science" minor that includes some navigation classes
(NSC 315 and 315L):
http://catalog.csum.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=9&poid=455
Also, the CSUM camput is in Vallejo, not San Francisco.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_University_Maritime_Academy

Picky, picky :-)

Cheers,
John B.
Old July 30th 20, 10:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Default OT: Tommy's diverted again Cassette change?

On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 3:49:07 AM UTC+2, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 5:02:59 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 4:21:10 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 07:16:59 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 4:35:47 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 07:23:55 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

Contrary to you who never learn. I'm trying to imagine the young
people seeing their tuition flying out the window after discovering
that you're their teacher.

Is this from the boy who only achieved an attendance certificate from
his high school?

I have a degree in Navigation from the San Francisco Maritime Academy -
Yes, but is it good for? what did you actually study? I only ask as for
such an august institution, it doesn't seem to be on the internet.

what do you have?
Have you already forgotten my previous reply on this matter?

To tell you the truth I didn't even know I had it
until I ran across the papers here.

You don't remember doing a course of study that lead to the awarding of a
degree?

And at the last high school reunion
I discovered that since I joined the Air Force in the last quarter I was
a graduate after all.

Sigh! Congratulations.

And I accomplished more without a degree in Electronics than most people
with Master's Degrees.

Again - what have you ever done? You seem rather reticent to tell us
anything

I ride and maintain my own and the family's bicycles. Does anything else
matter here?

but volunteer that you live off of your investments. But since
you say nothing about the condition of the market it sounds to me as if,
if you do have investments it is someone of your relatives with brains
had to make an annuity in your name so that you didn't blow it all in
one month. I cannot see any intelligent being seeing you as anything
more than a brainless twit.

Well, 'the market' is just one of my areas of investment and this isn't a
market discussion newsgroup.

It was plenty good to be the navigator racing sailboats up and down the coast. I love the pure idiocy you demonstrate as some punk little kid that thinks if it ain't on the web it ain't real. I guess you have a very difficult time thinking. It must be all of that living off of your investments. https://www.csum.edu/

I would think that if you got a degree from a California State University, you would remember it. I certainly remember getting my degrees. With that said, I was rummaging through my desk drawer the other day and found an LLM from Harvard Law. I forgot all about that -- and a PhD from MIT. Crap, I have like six degrees, and I forgot half of them. And then I saw the TdF trophy and yellow jersey in the closet. Holy cow! I don't even remember winning the Tour.

Did you also forgot that you were elected president? Trump is only vice president and running the show because you didn't showed up. Get your ass over to the White House and sort things out. Geezz...

Lou
Old July 30th 20, 01:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Lou Holtman writes:

[...]

I forgot I had breakfast today, and had another one. No wonder I'm
getting so fat.
Old July 30th 20, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 6:49:07 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

BTW, I raced on a sail boat up and down the coast, and our navigator was a clown -- but it didn't matter much, because you could generally see the shore, and you just raced around the marks in the Bay. The Farallons were tricky in the fog, but we would smell them and hear the gulls before our navigator figured out we were about to go aground. No lives were lost.

-- Jay Beattie.

Tell you what asshole - when I can't remember the deaths of my father or mother, the least of my concerns is not being able to remember getting a degree in navigation. I do remember being a navigator on large sailboats during races and knowing what to do under the various wind conditions.
Old July 30th 20, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 6:51:01 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 17:02:57 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

It was plenty good to be the navigator racing sailboats up and down the
coast.

You had to do a 'bachelor's degree' to do that?
I pulled on my Yacht Masters Certification as we wanted to buy a house
instead. I only had to rack up a number of overnight trips to finish off.

I love the pure idiocy you demonstrate as some punk little kid
that thinks if it ain't on the web it ain't real. I guess you have a
very difficult time thinking. It must be all of that living off of your
investments. https://www.csum.edu/

Well I expect that was it, despite it being a different name to what you
said, but it wasn't loading at the time I looked. They must have hit the
reset switch.

With your entirely senseless posting perhaps you should go back to living off of your investments.
Old July 30th 20, 04:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 2:31:06 AM UTC-7, Lou Holtman wrote:
[...]

Why don't you tell us what you've ever done in your life that you can be proud of. I did the major work on the design and programming to discover HIV and connect it to AIDS. I designed and programed spectrometers of various kinds so I know that CO2 has NO effect on climate. I designed a larger microtitration device for another company for analyzing DNA. What have you done? Oh, wait, you haven't done one ****ing thing have you? But then with that sort of very low IQ posting that shouldn't be surprising.
Old July 30th 20, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 5:51:40 AM UTC-7, Radey Shouman wrote:
Lou Holtman writes:

[...]

Why don't you tell us what you've ever done as well. Are you one of those degreed engineers I had to fire because you didn't see work as a obligation of life but as a waste of your precious time?
Old July 30th 20, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 7/29/2020 4:21 PM, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 07:16:59 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

snip

I have a degree in Navigation from the San Francisco Maritime Academy -

Yes, but is it good for? what did you actually study? I only ask as for
such an august institution, it doesn't seem to be on the internet.

There is no such institution as the San Francisco Maritime Academy.

There is Cal Maritime aka CSU Maritime Academy which used to be the
California Maritime Academy. There is no navigation degree offered,
perhaps there was one in the past.