Depolicing the US

Old July 15th 20, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Steve Weeks

Default Depolicing the US

On Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 5:54:21 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
admonishing a retired collage lecturer.

What "collage" was that? ;-)
Old July 15th 20, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 19:24:13 -0700 (PDT), Steve Weeks
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 5:54:21 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
admonishing a retired collage lecturer.

What "collage" was that? ;-)

The misspelled one :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old July 15th 20, 09:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 3:24:16 AM UTC+1, Steve Weeks wrote:
On Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 5:54:21 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
admonishing a retired collage lecturer.

What "collage" was that? ;-)

Nah, Franki-boy is too sausage-fingered for origigame. He'd try to cut the paper with an oxy-acetylene cutter. Slow Johnny is just giving away his carelessly short-assed attitude to the common decencies of spelling.

Andre Jute
Personally, I think these foreigners should all be made to speak English
Old July 15th 20, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 1:29:40 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 3:24:16 AM UTC+1, Steve Weeks wrote:
On Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 5:54:21 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
admonishing a retired collage lecturer.

What "collage" was that? ;-)

Nah, Franki-boy is too sausage-fingered for origigame. He'd try to cut the paper with an oxy-acetylene cutter. Slow Johnny is just giving away his carelessly short-assed attitude to the common decencies of spelling.

Andre Jute
Personally, I think these foreigners should all be made to speak English

We haven't seen Jay around for awhile - do you suppose he is really enjoying the Defunding of the Portland Police and the lack of anyone needing the services of a lawyer since they now have cashless bail?
Old July 15th 20, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

cyclintom wrote:

We haven't seen Jay around for awhile - do you suppose he is really
enjoying the Defunding of the Portland Police and the lack of anyone
needing the services of a lawyer since they now have cashless bail?

Whenever Jay has not been carelessly riding in his fellow cyclists' deadly
aerosol clouds, he's been sneeking out to Eastern Oregon to shop for a rural
smalltown dwelling and more gun training for his wife. They watched the
McCloskeys on TV and finally came to realize that they themselves would not
convince anyone by trying to defend their Portland mansion, brandishing
sawed-off parts of carbon frames with a bike light taped on top.

No, I really hope he's doing fine.
Old July 16th 20, 03:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 12:04:45 PM UTC-7, Sepp Ruf wrote:
cyclintom wrote:

We haven't seen Jay around for awhile - do you suppose he is really
enjoying the Defunding of the Portland Police and the lack of anyone
needing the services of a lawyer since they now have cashless bail?

Whenever Jay has not been carelessly riding in his fellow cyclists' deadly
aerosol clouds, he's been sneeking out to Eastern Oregon to shop for a rural
smalltown dwelling and more gun training for his wife. They watched the
McCloskeys on TV and finally came to realize that they themselves would not
convince anyone by trying to defend their Portland mansion, brandishing
sawed-off parts of carbon frames with a bike light taped on top.

No, I really hope he's doing fine.

I'm fine, thanks for asking -- wickedly busy. I need to be preparing for a trial, and I've been side-tracked with putting out endless fires for clients.

I was defending my mansion with a pressure washer last night, cleaning my front porch. The invading hoards have not made it to my neighborhood, but when they do -- I'll put on the red sprayer head and hit them with some soap.. My wife will glower at them -- more powerful than a 12g shotgun.

Working from home is driving me crazy with finding time to ride during the week. I'll do fast lunch rides with my neighbor when we have time or a trip into the hills after work, but frequency is down. I miss the regularity of commuting.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old July 16th 20, 04:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

cyclintom wrote:

[...]

You still have to work from home? I couldn't stand it after just one week and made me reconsider my early retirement. Fortunately the situation improved soon so the enjoyment in my work returned and I'm not forced into early retirement.

Lou
Old July 16th 20, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

cyclintom wrote:

[...]

FWIW, I enjoyed my work - well, most of it, anyway - but I enjoy
retirement much more. I do miss the commuting miles, though. I'm not in
as good shape as I was back then.

Of course, I'm more than ten years older...

--
- Frank Krygowski