A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

old Park toolbox info?

Old July 28th 20, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default old Park toolbox info?

I found on my local Craigslist a Park branded toolbox, looked kind of like a cross between a small machinist's box and a traditional small mechanic's toolbox. It has three drawers that are locked by a bar when the lid is closed, not a drop front like a Kennedy or the really old Snap-On box in my storage locker.

The price and condition were right, but I probably drove way too far to pick it up because I actually could use a bigger bike tool box and it'd just be too cool to have a Park one. However despite darn near anything old-ish being collectible, I can find no info on Park branded toolboxes. The tag says Grant Park, Ill. and I thought "big blue" was based in Minnesota somewhere? Is this a case of two companies making good products with the same name but unrelated? Toolbox is heavy for size and has a nice hammertone green finish.
Ads
Old July 28th 20, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

On 7/27/2020 6:02 PM, N8N wrote:
I found on my local Craigslist a Park branded toolbox, looked kind of like a cross between a small machinist's box and a traditional small mechanic's toolbox. It has three drawers that are locked by a bar when the lid is closed, not a drop front like a Kennedy or the really old Snap-On box in my storage locker.

The price and condition were right, but I probably drove way too far to pick it up because I actually could use a bigger bike tool box and it'd just be too cool to have a Park one. However despite darn near anything old-ish being collectible, I can find no info on Park branded toolboxes. The tag says Grant Park, Ill. and I thought "big blue" was based in Minnesota somewhere? Is this a case of two companies making good products with the same name but unrelated? Toolbox is heavy for size and has a nice hammertone green finish.

I believe you bought a nice toolbox made in Grant Park IL by
Park Mfg. Co, which is an unrelated entity to Park Tool Co.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Old July 29th 20, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 8:15:12 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/27/2020 6:02 PM, N8N wrote:

I believe you bought a nice toolbox made in Grant Park IL by
Park Mfg. Co, which is an unrelated entity to Park Tool Co.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Makes sense. Still a decent box, and in good condition, and just about the right size to hold my bike stuff...

even using the add'l info to search though I am finding very little information...