old Park toolbox info?

Old July 28th 20, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N[_2_]

Default old Park toolbox info?

I found on my local Craigslist a Park branded toolbox, looked kind of like a cross between a small machinist's box and a traditional small mechanic's toolbox. It has three drawers that are locked by a bar when the lid is closed, not a drop front like a Kennedy or the really old Snap-On box in my storage locker.

The price and condition were right, but I probably drove way too far to pick it up because I actually could use a bigger bike tool box and it'd just be too cool to have a Park one. However despite darn near anything old-ish being collectible, I can find no info on Park branded toolboxes. The tag says Grant Park, Ill. and I thought "big blue" was based in Minnesota somewhere? Is this a case of two companies making good products with the same name but unrelated? Toolbox is heavy for size and has a nice hammertone green finish.
Old July 28th 20, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/27/2020 6:02 PM, N8N wrote:
I found on my local Craigslist a Park branded toolbox, looked kind of like a cross between a small machinist's box and a traditional small mechanic's toolbox. It has three drawers that are locked by a bar when the lid is closed, not a drop front like a Kennedy or the really old Snap-On box in my storage locker.

The price and condition were right, but I probably drove way too far to pick it up because I actually could use a bigger bike tool box and it'd just be too cool to have a Park one. However despite darn near anything old-ish being collectible, I can find no info on Park branded toolboxes. The tag says Grant Park, Ill. and I thought "big blue" was based in Minnesota somewhere? Is this a case of two companies making good products with the same name but unrelated? Toolbox is heavy for size and has a nice hammertone green finish.

I believe you bought a nice toolbox made in Grant Park IL by
Park Mfg. Co, which is an unrelated entity to Park Tool Co.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 29th 20, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N[_2_]

On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 8:15:12 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/27/2020 6:02 PM, N8N wrote:
[...]

Makes sense. Still a decent box, and in good condition, and just about the right size to hold my bike stuff...

even using the add'l info to search though I am finding very little information...

Hiking & Mountain Biking Wilder Ranch State Park Where Horses areBanned from Part of the Park sms88 Mountain Biking 1 October 2nd 12 12:56 AM
new toolbox torch Ian Smith UK 2 January 19th 09 08:09 AM
Warning - a couple of thieves are working the C'games car park at Lysterfield Park :( Paulus Australia 3 October 13th 05 01:08 PM
FS: Small Items and Spare Parts from toolbox Jordan Hukee Marketplace 0 November 22nd 04 05:45 AM
RR: Chimney Rock Park a.k.a. Endo Park Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 4 June 28th 04 03:57 PM