Generic Brakes vs Dura-Ace 7700 brakes ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 7th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Generic Brakes vs Dura-Ace 7700 brakes ?

I have a Giant OCR1 road bike that came with generic brakes, probably
Tectro (?). Being used to V-brakes on my beater bike, I thought the
Giant generic brakes were lousy. I put Kook-Stop black pads on them
and they do work noticeably better. But I like having very good and
controllable stopping power. I can get a used but very clean set of
DuraAce 7700 brakes for $70. Will they work noticeabley better? Weight
is not a concern as there is probably very little difference.

thanks to all