2007 Shimano XT...

Old February 27th 06, 10:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default 2007 Shimano XT...

Scott Gordo wrote:
Geir Eivind Mork wrote:
skrev:
Scott Gordo wrote:
...looks reminiscent of 2004 SRAM.

http://terrengsykkel.no/?1485

Scott

Ugh. It's gonna suck grinding off those forged, machined logos while
making sure no little flecks get into the pulleys.

Is it a general bad vibe about shimano this days? I'm looking at a
new bike but barly dare to look at sram ones due to that I never have
actually used sram equipped bikes. I hear XO should be great, but
that tells me nothing.

I don't have the percentages of Shimano vs. other company's sales, but
in fairness I'd say there's a large silent majority who use Shimano
stuff and like it fine.

Or don't know any better.

With that said, I tried some low end SRAM trigger stuff last year and
it was bangin' compared to my ride's late 90's Shimano XT
shifters/der's.

I didn't know that all-plastic could be that bad.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old March 27th 06, 01:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

JD wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
...looks reminiscent of 2004 SRAM.

http://terrengsykkel.no/?1485

Showing yet again, how much they suck since they started being more
gimmicky than functional. Their greed-based obsolescence of what
worked well for so long is going to drive them full circle.

JD

I agree with JD. Seeing how SRAM makes a better product, Shimano is
going to copycat bigtime, and even fail in the process, although it'll
look resemblant, it won't function as well.