Zipp 340 Front Wheel repair

Old August 13th 06, 10:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Scooter

Default Zipp 340 Front Wheel repair

The front hub of my Zipp 340 front wheel has cracked and subsequently
snapped at a spoke hole. I was wondering if anybody knows of a good
replacement hub (24 spokes) that would be the correct size for the
wheel setup?

I do know that Shimano make a 24 spoke front hub but this is not
drilled for bladed spokes. I would be content to use elliptical spokes
if this was the only option.

Old August 13th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
daveornee

Scooter Wrote:
The front hub of my Zipp 340 front wheel has cracked and subsequently
snapped at a spoke hole. I was wondering if anybody knows of a good
replacement hub (24 spokes) that would be the correct size for the
wheel setup?

I do know that Shimano make a 24 spoke front hub but this is not
drilled for bladed spokes. I would be content to use elliptical spokes
if this was the only option.

Shimano hub with Sapim CX-Ray spokes works well without any slots. See
spoke information:
http://www.sapim.be/index.php?st=pro...40&detail=aero

--
daveornee

Old August 13th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Scooter wrote:
The front hub of my Zipp 340 front wheel has cracked and subsequently
snapped at a spoke hole. I was wondering if anybody knows of a good
replacement hub (24 spokes) that would be the correct size for the
wheel setup?

I do know that Shimano make a 24 spoke front hub but this is not
drilled for bladed spokes. I would be content to use elliptical spokes
if this was the only option.

Use 'oval' spokes made by Sapim or DT...no need to slot the hub...if ya
wish, send it to me and I'll build it for you using s shimano front,
new spokes-