Helmet Poll: First Hand Experience

Old August 9th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
burt

Default Helmet Poll: First Hand Experience

"SMS" wrote in message
Chris Malcolm wrote:

IOW, peer pressure caused you to question your own common sense and
sound judgment.

Exactly. That's how science works, and the reason it is so much more
successful than common sense: it's a team effort.

LOL, in order to be successful it has to be based on real science, not
junk science. There are lots of team efforts that involve using junk
science (or junk history for that matter) to prove something.

I do share the frustration of the AHZs regarding the incessant harping on
the subject of helmets from the media, health care providers, and
government. I was at my son's pediatrician's office yesterday, and she was
going over recommendations by the HMO regarding healthy lifestyles for
kids. On her computer screen it stressed not eating junk food, avoiding
high fructose corn syrup and fruit juice, limiting video games,
exercising, and of course, "always wear a helmet when riding a bicycle."

Straw Man Scharf - queen of the scientific illiterate.

Old August 9th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling

burt wrote:
"SMS" wrote in message
Chris Malcolm wrote:

[...]

]

"Burt" - queen. Yo, Tony! Stop hiding behind Burt's skirts! Come out
and post like a man, even if it's an _English_ man.

Old August 10th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Ed Pirrero

wrote:
... _English_ man.

In this thread at least, that is an oxymoron.

E.P.

Old August 10th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 9 Aug 2006 18:41:52 -0700, wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 9 Aug 2006 17:52:50 -0700,
wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 9 Aug 2006 15:00:25 -0700,
wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Ozark, any news on whether or not you will be in NYC later this
summer?

Do you still want my picture, or have you found another object for your
homoerotic urges?

I would like to see a picture of you and I would like to know if you
would be in NYC later this year so we can meet.

I have to tell you right upfront, I don't shave my legs and I go for
women, not men. Perhaps you should find another object for your
desires.

Are you going to be in New York City anytime in the next three months?

*Does* your wife know about your nocturnal cravings? If so, perhaps she
can arrange something for you. Perhaps a Bi Boy-Toy, someone you both
will enjoy. A real family clusterf**k! You can find anything in the
Big Apple! But do remember to wear a "helmet"!

Ozark,several weeks ago you challenged said Carl Fogel and other
critics of yours would not be willing to criticize you to your face. I
said I would and you rapidly responded that you would be in New York
City sometime this summer. I said fine -- let's meet.

It seems you are backing off of that challenge you placed and are
unwilling to meet me face to face, as you suggested Carl and others
would be with you.

So are you coming to New York City or not?

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit
http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old August 10th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
John Forrest Tomlinson

I'm sorry, I realize that Ozark was calling out Frank as being afraid
to meet face to face -- writing "Betcha Frank's a bit more reticent
face-to-face" -- and not Carl.

You wrote later "I really do hope to make the East Coast trip, but the
time frame is still a bit loosey-goosey Depends on the schedule of a
few friends and on nailing down an acceptable and available place in
Wellfleet, MA for a several days. I will keep you posted, as promised,
John. "

But Ozark, now, I'm getting the feeling that now you are afraid to
meet face-to-face.

So what is the situation? Are you coming to New York City?

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com