OT - FloMax side effects include...

Old February 18th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default OT - FloMax side effects include...

On Feb 17, 6:17 pm, "Pat" wrote:
Has anyone noticed (how pathetic if I'm the only one) the FloMax male
bonding commercials?
This group of middle aged trust funders are so routinely thrilled by
whizzing like boy scouts again, that every pit-stop is followed by a
series of high-5's all around and jocularity.
Anyway, if you catch this commercial, note during the cycling segment
the extra squirrelly dude with the medium blue helmet. I swear he has
his foam hat on backwards.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Some things I have noticed about that commercial:

All the bikes are the same make and model--just different colors.
All the helmets are the same make--just different colors
All the kayaks are alike--just different colors
All the bikes have upright-type handlebars. Have you ever been in a group
where everybody was riding the same model bike with exactly the same
handlebars?

Pat in TX

I've never been on that ride, but I've seen it. It leaves from the
place that rents bikes.
Old February 18th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jay[_2_]

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
Besides Flomax there's Flonase, which is to make your nose start running
again.
That suggests the start of a series, so I propose naming a laxative
"Flobutt."

I don't know, Leo...a major problem these days is, so many medications have
similar sounding names. So the patient winds up with FloX when he was
supposed to get FloY. I don't even want to think about that.

J.

Old February 19th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:55:56 -0800, (Tom
Keats) wrote:

In article ,
(Michael Baldwin) writes:
Tom Keats asks

What is FloMax, anyways? Sounds like a drain unclogger like
Liquid Plumbr.

It shrinks the prostate. It's quickly becoming the designer drug of
choice though among the trust funder cult crowd.
Side effects may include all the norms. ****'in yourself, puke'in,
heart attack & stroke, double vision, headaches, clogged nasal passages
and hearing loss. Same effect you'd get if you drank Liquid Plumber.

Heck, I get all that from Cockspur Five Star [tm] rum.
Except for the pukin', headaches, heart attack & stroke.
Maybe the Cockspur will unclog my basement laundry tub.

The thought of going back to work tomorrow (Monday) shrinks
prostates quicker 'n cranberry juice with sawtooth palmetto
extract and saltpetre in it. Such is my lot.

Hypertension and irregular heart beat are possible side-effets for a
drug (Baclofen) Sheldon Brown was taking to control his MS. Perhaps
he got sideswiped by a counter indication he didn't see coming.

Side effects usually get "physicians" to prescribe something more, or
people to buy over-the-counter drugs in order to treat the discomfort
of the side effects of the drugs "treating" their disease. and on and
on until you've got some really unhealthy zombies on drug cocktails.

Bugs on drugs driving scuds, yikes! Gimme a blasted biker any day.

Anyway: on the Sheldon Brown tribute ride, my friend Colin, who'd met
Sheldon at Interbike last year, said he "looked like a heart attack
waiting to happen.* a very intense individual. a funny guy"

Since that ride I've been riding my red fixed gear bike lots. I've
not ridden it this much since the titanium implant. It sure is sweet
but needs a rack to get more road time. I hate carrying a pack.

*easy for him to say now.
--
zk
Old February 27th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
| Besides Flomax there's Flonase, which is to make your nose start running
| again.
| That suggests the start of a series, so I propose naming a laxative
| "Flobutt."

Google for Lemond & bad peach. 1986 Tour de France.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com