2006 SRAM MTB

Old September 10th 04, 05:00 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Default 2006 SRAM MTB

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/articl...36231364199288

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old September 12th 04, 04:57 AM
SuperSlinky

Phil, Squid-in-Training said...

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/articl...36231364199288

Hopefully they sell enough to keep expanding their product line. Soon
there will be an equal or better quality alternative to everything
Shimano. Competition is always a good thing.
Old September 12th 04, 08:47 PM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

1SuperSlinky wrote:
Phil, Squid-in-Training said...

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/articl...36231364199288

Hopefully they sell enough to keep expanding their product line. Soon
there will be an equal or better quality alternative to everything
Shimano. Competition is always a good thing.

Hear, hear!

I've been contemplating the switch to SRAM for a while... does anyone here
use the triggers? I like shimano's thumb/index finger usage... how does it
compare to the SRAM thumb-only deal?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old September 12th 04, 09:45 PM
SuperSlinky

Phil, Squid-in-Training said...

I've been contemplating the switch to SRAM for a while... does anyone here
use the triggers? I like shimano's thumb/index finger usage... how does it
compare to the SRAM thumb-only deal?

I'll switch someday, but my XT/XTR stuff is too good to get rid of until
there is a strong reason.
Old September 13th 04, 02:56 PM
Craig Brossman

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
1SuperSlinky wrote:

Phil, Squid-in-Training said...

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/articl...36231364199288

Hopefully they sell enough to keep expanding their product line. Soon
there will be an equal or better quality alternative to everything
Shimano. Competition is always a good thing.

Hear, hear!

I've been contemplating the switch to SRAM for a while... does anyone here
use the triggers? I like shimano's thumb/index finger usage... how does it
compare to the SRAM thumb-only deal?

I've run SRAM X.9 triggers this year with their X.9 rear mech, I really
like the action, both the feel of the shifts and the all-thumbs action.
I did break one of the shifters, the small black lever for the front
mech., but with a little effort had SRAM replace it quickly.
I think I wacked the rear mech. some months back, shifting has not been
the same, but it is still pretty darn good.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply
Old September 15th 04, 03:52 PM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:47:26 GMT, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
wrote:

1SuperSlinky wrote:
Phil, Squid-in-Training said...

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/articl...36231364199288

Hopefully they sell enough to keep expanding their product line. Soon
there will be an equal or better quality alternative to everything
Shimano. Competition is always a good thing.

Hear, hear!

I've been contemplating the switch to SRAM for a while... does anyone here
use the triggers? I like shimano's thumb/index finger usage... how does it
compare to the SRAM thumb-only deal?

I've used the attack triggers with Shimano mech for about a year.
really crisp shifting, THe older style can be done with finger as well
as thumb but I tend to just use the thumb now, as it seems a more
natural movement, leaving my index and middle fingers on the brake.
I liked XT triggers but these are better
Martin
Old September 15th 04, 06:28 PM

I've been using Sram Grip Shifters and 1 to 1
deraileurs since 98. Also use 2 to 1 Sram Grip Shifters since 96.
I've been very pleased with Sram X9 derailleurs since Xmas of last year.
Now this one some people with will dislike I also use Sram Halfpipe Grip
Shifters. Like every other Sram I have the Halfpipe works above and
beyond. I'll even give the new Sram front derailleurs a try when they
come out but I will miss the plastic clamp of the old ones
Neos,5.0,7.0,and 9.0.

I MTB 2004