Sweet agony of choice - best all-around bike for under a grand?

Old October 5th 04, 10:08 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Kevan Smith writes:
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 06:01:12 -0700, (Tom Keats) from
wrote:

So do I. A complete set of all-copper cookware would be
wonderful to have.

Until you have to clean it.

Who says you have to clean them? ;-)

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old October 6th 04, 12:33 AM
Brink

Bryanska,

Proper fit is your friend. You willl have less pain and more ride time
with proper fit. You may want to find a bike shop that will do custom
fit for cheap and get measured with part of the money. A proper
measurement will take about 2 hours. You have many parts measured and
then sit on a fully adjustable bike and they move it around to find
the best fit for you. A custom bike will be out of your price range at
the amount you have listed. You can take the measurements from the
fitting and then you can search for the closest bike to your fitting.
Most companies will have the exact measurements of all of their bikes
listed on the web. You can then be secure that the bike that you buy
will be comfortable for you. This is how I found my first comfortable
road bike. I think you should be less concerned about brand and more
concerned with fit.

---Brink
Old October 6th 04, 01:10 AM
Fx199

Until you have to clean it.

Who says you have to clean them? ;-)

cheers,
Tom

They're not dirty...they're "seasoned" :-D
Old October 6th 04, 04:15 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Kevan Smith /dev/null wrote:
As a Bianchi rider, I'll tell you it's the sexy Italian design lines. It's
made to flow with speed, and it does. I've got a Sa Marco Concor on mine --
black leather on a silver frame with bullhorn bars. People in the know always
give me a first look for the frame, then they go ga ga when they see it's
fixed.

Better it than you, huh.

But what I wanted to post about here is:

I missed about 12 years of bikie culture.

What is the deal with this fetish for fixed-gear machines?

Is it a kinky fad or are people honestly trying to connect
to the earliest days of the sport?

--Blair
"And why do we park in the driveway
but drive on the--ulp!"
Old October 6th 04, 04:45 AM
Mark Hickey

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Better it than you, huh.

But what I wanted to post about here is:

I missed about 12 years of bikie culture.

What is the deal with this fetish for fixed-gear machines?

Is it a kinky fad or are people honestly trying to connect
to the earliest days of the sport?

It's one of those "if you've never done it, you'll never understand
things". It took me over 20 years to get around to building a fixie,
but it feels more like a bike should feel than anything else I've ever
ridden.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com