Unicyclists in Northern Virginia?

Old December 9th 04, 03:13 AM
wogri

Default Unicyclists in Northern Virginia?

Hi Dudes!

I sit here in Chantilly, Northern Virginia. And I wonder, if anybody who
reads this forum lives near me. Unfortunately I don't have a car (as
I'll leave this country in 3 Months, I come from Austria), but if
somebody wants to go for a Muni-Ride somewhere near (I've been to
Shenandoah, that was awesome), or a Trial-Session - let me know - I'd
like to be with you.

Wogri

--
wogri - I ride my bride

http://www.wogri.at
http://unicycling.wogri.at
wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490

Old December 9th 04, 04:26 AM
muniracer

I am in DC. There are three riders in Richmond, VA.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Old December 9th 04, 03:53 PM
wogri

And that's it?

Do you ride street?
I could come to DC at a weekend someday, and we could go riding!

Interested?

wogri

Old December 9th 04, 04:48 PM
Rincewind8

I am a very very early beginner unicyclist. I am not even sure I can
call myself unicyclist yet.

But I am in Northern Virginia. Ashburn to be precise. Und wir koennten
sogar Deutsch sprechen

Rince

--
Rincewind8
Rincewind8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7936

Old December 9th 04, 05:08 PM
hell-on-wheel

I'm one of the 3 Richmonder's muniracer was talking about. I go to VCU
here, but I'm from Manassas and will be coming up at times over the
winter break. The other two don't post here much. There are, of
course, many more unicyclists in Virginia, it's just that the vast
majority don't know about, or choose not to post on, these fora. Other
VA uni'ists that do post here include 'pdc' (http://tinyurl.com/6ap23),
who lives in Mt. Solon and has some amazing trails in his backyard,
'siafirede' (http://tinyurl.com/5t5kj), who's from Fairfax but goes to V
Tech, 'Skippii' (http://tinyurl.com/4wwoz), who goes to JMU,
'Cyberbellum' (http://tinyurl.com/6pbgk), who lives in Arlington and has
a really awesome Coker, 'nbrazzi' (http://tinyurl.com/5lstr), who lives
in Fairfax and did the DVD authoring on Universe II.

I think that's pretty much everyone (who frequent these fora). The
one's I've met (all but Skippii) are very friendly and great to ride
with. If your free on Jan 2nd, you should think about coming to the
'Richmond Muni Weekend' (http://tinyurl.com/4pnxq). Otherwise, I'll
drop you a PM next time I'm in NoVA. It's always great to meet new
unicyclists.

--
hell-on-wheel - My karma ran over your dogma

On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425

Old December 9th 04, 11:16 PM
wogri

Hi!

Rincewind8, I pm'ed you, If you can't speak that much of german, pm me
back, and we'll talk in English

Hell-On-Wheel, thanks for all your detail. You're right, there might be
much more unicyclists out there, who just don't like computers.

I've tried to contact nbrazzi several times, but he didn't respond until
today. Perhaps he reads this text; Fairfax wouldn't be longer than 10
minutes from Chantilly, and I am at least not a beginner on a Unicycle.

I wheel-walk, do gliding, ride stairs and do (did) a lot of muni. I
started doing trials last week, since I got a new 20" Muni.

Please let me know, when you come to NVA, any company here is highly
appreciated.

You really got me thinking about the richmond-weekend, that sounds
great.

I'll have to double-check that with my agenda, but it's definitely
possible that I might appear there.

Thanks for all your information;

wogri

Old December 10th 04, 01:32 AM
muniracer

i would definitely be up for riding if you are willing to come up. i
mainly ride trials, but im sure we can have fun regardless of the type
of riding we do. i will be in richmond from dec 22-jan 10, but any
other time i am in dc.

Old January 6th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Don't think ill get a whole lot of feedback from this since the last
post was in 04 and its the beginning of 06 but heres a shot. Ive been
doing mostly distance unicycling on a 28" wheel but id like to get more
into tricks that dont take 4 and a half hours to impress myself =P
Anyone in the area gimme a post or message me on AIM at
LeapAndLookLater im on most of the time or atleast my computer is

wheeeee

--
LeapAndLookLater
LeapAndLookLater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11451

Old January 6th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hey,

Im glad there is another unicyclist in the area. I will try to contact
you via AIM sometime. I have a 29" wheel and my KH 20" trials uni, and
soon to have a coker. I am leaving for school next saturday, but if
you want to try to meet up before that I would be up for it.

-James

--
siafirede
siafirede's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6057