WTB: 7 speed MTB rear derailleur

Old September 8th 03, 11:51 PM
Matt

Default WTB: 7 speed MTB rear derailleur

I just need something for my old commuter bike. I'd like LX or better in
decent condition. Anyone got an old one kicking around for cheap, or know
anyplace that still sells new old stock?

-Matt
Email me back at 'mschwall' at symbol 'stanford' dot 'edu'

Old September 9th 03, 07:55 AM
Bthandel

got an lx here with some roqad rash but still straight and tight..
10.00 plus shipping...
Old September 9th 03, 01:45 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Matt- I just need something for my old commuter bike. I'd like LX or better
in
decent condition. Anyone got an old one kicking around for cheap, or know
anyplace that still sells new old stock? BRBR

Just for info, you can use a modern rear der, like a Deore one with the 7s
shifting/cogs w/o modification. Don't need a specifically '7s' one.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old September 9th 03, 08:28 PM
Nathan Pitts

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Matt- I just need something for my old commuter bike. I'd like LX or better
in
decent condition. Anyone got an old one kicking around for cheap, or know
anyplace that still sells new old stock? BRBR

Just for info, you can use a modern rear der, like a Deore one with the 7s
shifting/cogs w/o modification. Don't need a specifically '7s' one.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

How does that work? I have a 7speed that I would like to bring up to
9speed, but not all at once, so am curious as to what you mean....Isn't
the gear spacing different on a "modern rear der" (9speed) versus the 7
speed?

-nathan

Old September 10th 03, 01:45 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Nathan- How does that work? I have a 7speed that I would like to bring up to

9speed, but not all at once, so am curious as to what you mean....Isn't
the gear spacing different on a "modern rear der" (9speed) versus the 7
speed? BRBR

The dimension of the shimano rear ders haven't changed and the amount the rear
der moves depends on the shifter, not the rear der. So you can use a modern(9s)
rear der with 7s shimano shifters w/o problem.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302