A cyclist travelling too fast and unable to stop!

Old December 27th 10, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

Default A cyclist travelling too fast and unable to stop!

http://road.cc/content/news/28654-vi...ist-taken-down

At least the cyclist didn't jump a red light as far I could see! Don't
know if he had working lights or a hi-viz vest on though.

Derek C

Old December 27th 10, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

Old December 27th 10, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On Dec 27, 5:30*pm, Derek C wrote:
http://road.cc/content/news/28654-vi...rban-cyclist-t...

At least the cyclist didn't jump a red light as far I could see! Don't
know if he had working lights or a hi-viz vest on though.

Derek C

As a (generall) car driver I have to say that this is one of the
faults of Bus Lanes I have had a car wiped out in a similar accident
(I wasn't driving, the potential buyer was and guess what, after the
collision he lost interest) and I witnessed another similar quite bad
smash resulting in a write off.

The fault is that the one (car bike or whatever) crossing the Bus Lane
is not expecting anything other than a bus to be there, the traffic
parts leaving him a space, his view of a cyclist or car is obscured
by the stopped traffic, he sees no bus approaching so he goes, he
isn't expecting a car either but luckily taxi's stick up a bit and can
be seen. If the traffic didn't let him through it would be safer but
progress would obviously be slower.

IMO Bus Lanes are non productive and can be dangerous,
Old December 27th 10, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Dec 27, 7:29*pm, NM wrote:
On Dec 27, 5:30*pm, Derek C wrote:

[...]

I think that the video clearly shows the dangers of bowling past a row
of slow or stationary traffic on the nearside (undertaking) on a bike,
whether or not there is a marked bus or cycle lane.

Derek C
Old December 27th 10, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NotMe

On Dec 27, 7:29*pm, NM wrote:
On Dec 27, 5:30*pm, Derek C wrote:

[...]

You have made a sensible reply to Derek C. That was very naughty of
you. Don't do it again.
Old December 27th 10, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NotMe

On Dec 27, 6:37*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On 27/12/2010 17:30, Derek C wrote:

http://road.cc/content/news/28654-vi...rban-cyclist-t...

At least the cyclist didn't jump a red light as far I could see! Don't
know if he had working lights or a hi-viz vest on though.

Magic things those vests. Apparently they enable you to see further and
stop quicker. Or was that just another one of your non sequiturs?

Pity the cager was not wearing one then.
Old December 27th 10, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jolly polly

"Derek C" wrote in message
http://road.cc/content/news/28654-vi...ist-taken-down

At least the cyclist didn't jump a red light as far I could see! Don't
know if he had working lights or a hi-viz vest on though.

Derek C

very useful these little video cameras aren't they.

Old December 27th 10, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Derek C wrote:

On Dec 27, 7:29*pm, NM wrote:
On Dec 27, 5:30*pm, Derek C wrote:

http://road.cc/content/news/28654-vi...n-urban-cyclis
t-t...

[...]

Which is roughly what I was saying on the thread about this very video
in URCM.

--
Paul - xxx
Old December 28th 10, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
DavidR[_2_]

"Derek C" wrote

http://road.cc/content/news/28654-vi...ist-taken-down

At least the cyclist didn't jump a red light as far I could see! Don't
know if he had working lights or a hi-viz vest on though.

Looks as though the cyclist wasn't taking suitable precaution approaching a
junction. Your comments are juvenile.

Old December 28th 10, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Motorists travelling too fast and unable to stop!

On Dec 27, 5:30*pm, Derek C wrote:
http://road.cc/content/news/28654-vi...rban-cyclist-t...

At least the cyclist didn't jump a red light as far I could see! Don't
know if he had working lights or a hi-viz vest on though.

Can't you read your own source? It says...

"...The clip graphically illustrates the dangers urban cyclists face
when motorists fail to take account of the fact that buses and taxis
are not the only machines that have right of way when using “bus”
lanes..."

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net