A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Racing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 22nd 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Callistus Valerius
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 393
Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

Because they double their registrations, the park service wouldn't issue a
park permit for the event. It didn't have time to make an environmental
study, on what effect that many cyclists would have on the park. These mass
rides must end, it's destroying the environment
http://www.sonofdeathride.com/index2.html


Ads
  #2  
Old August 22nd 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,811
Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

Callistus Valerius wrote:

These mass rides must end, it's destroying the environment


Don't tell me you're working on creating wildlife habitat that is
off-limits to humans.


  #3  
Old August 22nd 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,658
Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:32:27 +0200, Donald Munro
wrote:

Callistus Valerius wrote:

These mass rides must end, it's destroying the environment


Don't tell me you're working on creating wildlife habitat that is
off-limits to humans.


Think of the poor endangered snakes. Someone saw one once, somewhere, with a
tire track over it.

Ron

  #4  
Old August 22nd 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 249
Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?


Callistus Valerius wrote:
Because they double their registrations, the park service wouldn't issue a
park permit for the event. It didn't have time to make an environmental
study, on what effect that many cyclists would have on the park. These mass
rides must end, it's destroying the environment
http://www.sonofdeathride.com/index2.html


Environmental impact study:

- More people to potentially urinate on the side of the road. Compell
organizers to order more porta potties (2x the number of last year)

- More trash thrown onto side of road. Compell organizers to remove all
trash. Double trash removal efforts.

- Forbid cyclists from using endangered spotted owls as chain cleaners.

Impact study complete.

  #5  
Old August 22nd 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,811
Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

photoshoppper wrote:
- More people to potentially urinate on the side of the road. Compell
organizers to order more porta potties (2x the number of last year)


Whats wrong with a bit of urine anyway ? Don't bears and stuff pee ?
Admittedly this doesn't apply to LiveDrunk(tm) members whose urine would
constitute a grave environmental risk.
  #6  
Old August 22nd 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 79
Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

Donald Munro wrote:
photoshoppper wrote:
- More people to potentially urinate on the side of the road. Compell
organizers to order more porta potties (2x the number of last year)


Whats wrong with a bit of urine anyway ? Don't bears and stuff pee ?
Admittedly this doesn't apply to LiveDrunk(tm) members whose urine would
constitute a grave environmental risk.


Oh, no! I just rode this route, east to west (not out-and-back),
during a ride from Bishop to Kernville 3 weeks ago, and I urinated
on the side of the road in the park.

I feel terrible.....

Dan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djconne...7594229829050/
  #7  
Old August 23rd 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Joe King
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 281
Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djconne...7594229829050/



"RonSonic" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:32:27 +0200, Donald Munro
wrote:

Callistus Valerius wrote:

These mass rides must end, it's destroying the environment


Don't tell me you're working on creating wildlife habitat that is
off-limits to humans.


Think of the poor endangered snakes. Someone saw one once, somewhere, with
a
tire track over it.

Ron



  #8  
Old August 23rd 06, 10:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,493
Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

in message , Dan
Connelly ') wrote:

Donald Munro wrote:
photoshoppper wrote:
- More people to potentially urinate on the side of the road.
Compell organizers to order more porta potties (2x the number of last
year)


Whats wrong with a bit of urine anyway ? Don't bears and stuff pee ?
Admittedly this doesn't apply to LiveDrunk(tm) members whose urine
would constitute a grave environmental risk.


Oh, no! I just rode this route, east to west (not out-and-back),
during a ride from Bishop to Kernville 3 weeks ago, and I urinated
on the side of the road in the park.


If it's any comfort to you, my digital camera also has a fault which
causes a fuzzy grey area in the centre of shots. It annoys the hell out
of me, to the extent that I'm going to scrap the camera.... but other
people just don't see it. It's in the pic on this page:

http://www.stewartry-wheelers.org/wh...rticle_91.html

do you see it?

I wouldn't have noticed the flaw on your pictures if you hadn't pointed
it out. Glorious scenery, great pictures. Thanks.

--
(Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

;; If you're doing this for fun, do what seems fun. If you're
;; doing it for money, stop now.
;; Rainer Deyke
  #9  
Old August 23rd 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven L. Sheffield
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 262
Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

On 08/23/2006 03:02 AM, in article
, "Simon Brooke"
wrote:


If it's any comfort to you, my digital camera also has a fault which
causes a fuzzy grey area in the centre of shots. It annoys the hell out
of me, to the extent that I'm going to scrap the camera.... but other
people just don't see it. It's in the pic on this page:

http://www.stewartry-wheelers.org/wh...rticle_91.html

do you see it?




That picture has been res'ed down so far and has so many pixellated
artifacts all around, it's hard to tell ...


--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
double-yew double-ewe dot flahute dot com [foreword] slash


  #10  
Old August 23rd 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

Simon wrote:
If it's any comfort to you, my digital camera also has a fault which
causes a fuzzy grey area in the centre of shots. It annoys the hell out
of me, to the extent that I'm going to scrap the camera.... but other
people just don't see it. It's in the pic on this page:

http://www.stewartry-wheelers.org/wh...rticle_91.html

do you see it?


Nope. Is it shadow-shaped or boy-shaped?

Try cleaning your lens a few times. I had a soft focus Vaseline zone on
mine, but now it's all better.

HTH

--Karen D.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Triple Bypass compared to Markleeville Death Ride [email protected] Rides 11 July 18th 06 05:13 PM
Death Ride, schmeth ride: check this out! D'ohBoy General 32 April 21st 06 08:40 PM
Seattle to Portland Ride 2005 harper Unicycling 27 July 14th 05 05:44 AM
Podcasts Fixed - 2005 National Mayors' Ride Begins Cycle America General 2 April 27th 05 05:37 PM
lacking in leg strength and stamina exercises? Yuri Budilov General 18 March 23rd 04 02:42 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.