Trek Incite 9i, but with cadence....?

Old May 29th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Hell And High Water

Default Trek Incite 9i, but with cadence....?

I have the 9i wireless, which I love, but would like to add cadence.

Love the quality and simplicity of the Trek.

Love the clean look of the wireless.

What are my options?

THANKS!

-Bob
Old May 29th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

I have the 9i wireless, which I love, but would like to add cadence.

Love the quality and simplicity of the Trek.

Love the clean look of the wireless.

What are my options?

THANKS!

-Bob

Bob: Wireless cadence is a tough act. Some of the units out there are
nightmarish... for example, I will never, ever sell another Polar CS200 for
as long as I live. And the units that use bluetooth-style technology, like
the Trek digital incite, have problems staying "paired" at times, and
nobody, to the best of my knowledge, has a one-button pairing function to
get things working again. The most-reliable I've seen have been the Garmins,
which, of course, include a GPS unit so they're rather expensive.

A less-expensive option is the Trek Incite model that has wired cadence,
wireless speed, as well as heart monitor and altimeter (an altimeter that
really works). Trek had a promotion on those a while ago where a shop could
sell them for as low as $80; regular price runs $119.99. Very reliable unit.
It's called the ACH Wireless (*not* the Digital ACH). Only issue is that you
will have a wire running from the computer to the crank.

But... do you really need cadence? I find myself interested in cadence maybe
one week out of the year, so I just count the revolutions in 15 seconds and
multiply by 4.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old May 29th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Alex Colvin

I have the 9i wireless, which I love, but would like to add cadence.
Love the quality and simplicity of the Trek.
Love the clean look of the wireless.
What are my options?

Learn to live without love?

--
mac the naïf
Old May 29th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Hell And High Water wrote:
I have the 9i wireless, which I love, but would like to add cadence.

Love the quality and simplicity of the Trek.

Love the clean look of the wireless.

What are my options?

THANKS!

-Bob

Sigma BC1606 is your option. $72 from Nashbar. $80 at REI.

It's really nice to have cadence on the computer, but wireless cadence
is pretty rare.

Old May 30th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Hell And High Water

In article ,
says...
[...]

Thanks Mike! I appreciate the thoughts!