Endocannabinoids In Cycling?

Old May 2nd 12, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_3_]

Default Endocannabinoids In Cycling?

http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/are-hum...-wired-to-run/

Old May 2nd 12, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Bret Cahill" wrote in message
http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/are-hum...-wired-to-run/

QUOTE:
The researchers had each person or animal run on a treadmill for 30 minutes
at about 70 percent of their maximum heart rate, then measured their levels
of endocannabinoids. You guessed it: both the humans and the dogs had
significantly increased levels of endocannabinoids after running.

Well, know I know why cycling gets me so high I could cry sometimes.
I wonder if they will show up on a work's drug test though?
It might be hard to explain away.

--
Simon Mason

Old May 2nd 12, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 2 May 2012 17:12:23 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

"Bret Cahill" wrote in message
http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/are-hum...-wired-to-run/

QUOTE:
The researchers had each person or animal run on a treadmill for 30 minutes
at about 70 percent of their maximum heart rate, then measured their levels
of endocannabinoids. You guessed it: both the humans and the dogs had
significantly increased levels of endocannabinoids after running.

Well, know I know why cycling gets me so high I could cry sometimes.
I wonder if they will show up on a work's drug test though?
It might be hard to explain away.

I should think there is a very fair chance of alcohol showing up on any drugs
test you take.

--
Mason is in denial - he is an alcoholic.
He claims that he drinks ten to twelve pints
Old May 2nd 12, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 02/05/2012 17:12, Simon Mason wrote:

"Bret Cahill" wrote in message
http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/are-hum...-wired-to-run/

QUOTE:
The researchers had each person or animal run on a treadmill for 30 minutes
at about 70 percent of their maximum heart rate, then measured their levels
of endocannabinoids. You guessed it: both the humans and the dogs had
significantly increased levels of endocannabinoids after running.

Well, know I know why cycling gets me so high I could cry sometimes.

Are you sure it isn't other people you make cry?
Old May 3rd 12, 05:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 2, 4:21*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
http://sportsgeezer.com/2012/are-hum...-wired-to-run/

I wonder why the ferrets did not get a runners high though?

--
Simon Mason