Best cycling magazine for road riding (no mountain or racing)?

Old September 1st 04, 05:55 PM
chris christanis

Default Best cycling magazine for road riding (no mountain or racing)?

I am not into racing or mountain biking. Anyone know the best mag for me? I
would like reviews on bikes and products. Thanks

Old September 1st 04, 07:31 PM
NYRides

Good luck. I do a good amount of road riding (on a converted mountain
bike), but I'm not into speed and my back can no longer handle the rigors of
MTBing. I've been looking for a magazine that 1) isn't just one big,
glorified stack of advertisements, 2) doesn't make you feel like a loser if
you don't count your pedal revolutions and measure your heart rate on every
ride, and 3) caters to those of us who don't mind adding a few ounces to our
bikes in order to have certain conveniences for those moderate afternoon
scenic road rides and rail trail excursions with the wife and family.

So far, only the member magazines put out by Adventure Cycling and
Rails-To-Trails come close to fitting the bill. If you find something
better, please let me know!

Old September 1st 04, 08:25 PM
Ken

"chris christanis" wrote in news:6anZc.2969$aR2.2502
@news01.roc.ny:
I am not into racing or mountain biking. Anyone know the best mag for me? I
would like reviews on bikes and products. Thanks

I like *Cycling Plus* magazine. It's printed in England so some of the
reviews are for products not available in the US, but the quality is 10 times
better than Bicycling magazine. You can find Cycling Plus in bigger
bookstores.
Old September 1st 04, 10:37 PM
Dave Stallard

Ken wrote:

I like *Cycling Plus* magazine. It's printed in England so some of the
reviews are for products not available in the US, but the quality is 10 times
better than Bicycling magazine.

Bicycling Magazine does blow, doesn't it? It's better at its subject
than Ski/Skiing are at their's, but that's not saying much.

Dave
Old September 2nd 04, 03:17 PM
Jeremy Parker

"chris christanis" wrote in message
I am not into racing or mountain biking. Anyone know the best mag

for me? I
would like reviews on bikes and products. Thanks

I like Cycletouring, the magazine of the British Cyclists Touring
Club. Anything written by their technical editor, Chris Juden, is
first rate.

Actually, they don't concentrate that much on reviews, except
occasionally , for things that are important.

Jeremy Parker

Old September 2nd 04, 04:13 PM
JFJones

Ken wrote in message ...
"chris christanis" wrote in news:6anZc.2969$aR2.2502
@news01.roc.ny:
I am not into racing or mountain biking. Anyone know the best mag for me? I
would like reviews on bikes and products. Thanks

I like *Cycling Plus* magazine. It's printed in England so some of the
reviews are for products not available in the US, but the quality is 10 times
better than Bicycling magazine. You can find Cycling Plus in bigger
bookstores.

Bicycling Magazine is an oxymoron.

I agree with the comments about Cycling Plus. I recently purchased a
subscription and received the September edition before the August
edition appeared on the local newsstands.

Web site at: http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk

Old September 21st 04, 08:53 PM
Booker C. Bense