The Michael. J. Vandeman Quiz

Old May 17th 05, 11:13 PM
davebee

Default The Michael. J. Vandeman Quiz

First of all let me apologise about posting through cyclingforums.com.
My newsreader won't work for some reason and I am moving to a new ISP
soon so I cant be bothered to fix it.

I have noticed that Mike, Mr Vandeman, "Dr" Vandeman, Vandy or just
plain old Bigot has surfaced again recently and has been being a right
pain in the arse. So I thought we could all poke some fun at him and
show him just how annoying he is by giving him a dose of his own
medicine. So I have devised a little quiz about our good doctor friend.
Try and make your answers funny and feel free to add your own!

Section 1. Vandy's qualifications.
a) What grade did he get in his Masters?
b) Did he really complete a PhD?
c) What are his "environmentalist" qualifications to make him the
leading expert in his field?

Section 2. Vandy's lifestyle
a) What does he do for a living?
b) Whereabouts in the world does he live?
c) What does he do when he isn't posting on usenet annoying people?
d) What does he eat? (Given that he objects to killing plants and
animals he must have a tough job eating!)

Section 3. Vandy's Lovelife.
a) When was the last time he got laid?
b) With a human being?
c) With a female human being?
d) Estimate in gigabytes the size of his pornography collection.

Section 4. His hatred of muntain bikers and our great sport.
a) What is so special about us that makes him want to bother us so
much?
b) Has he ever tried just ASKING if we want to be his friend?
c) Why does he feel the need to reveal confidential information such as
people email addresses the whole time?

And finally, if anybody has his address please email it to me and I
will arrange for my old mountainbike to be posted to his house for an
early christmas present.

I hope I haven't wound too many people up.

Cheers

Dave

--
davebee

Old May 17th 05, 11:17 PM
davebee

Sorry for double posting but I missed off a critical section.

Section 6. Vandyisms
a) List 10 Vandyisms (ie 5 things that only Mike would say, e.g LIAR or
DUH)

Bonus geek question:
Find 2 reports that Vandy has written in which he has not referenced
his own material.

Super Bonus Geek questrion:
Find 1 solitary report of publication by our good "friend" that has
been published in a recognised journal or publication and has been
critiqued by respected (note key word respected) members of the
environmentalist lobby.

--
davebee

Old May 18th 05, 12:32 AM
Nelson Binch

Extra Bonus Question: How did this get past my filters?

Old May 18th 05, 04:45 PM

1.a Unknown, claims to have an MA in math, though in his postings
there's little evidence he has skills in this area
1.b Yes, he has a PhD in psychology, his thesis was about ethnic food
preferences
1.c He has no environmental qualifications and is not recognized as an
expert in this area by any professional

2.a Programmer for PacBell in SF Bay Area. He has denied it, but it's
easily verifiable.
2.b Somewhere in the Berkeley, look him up if you're interested
2.c He's annoying his neighbors. Look up "Lance Montauk" and
"Vandeman" on Google Groups for some details.
2.d Probably whatever he feels like. While he likes to preach about
what others should do, he pretty much does whatever he wants (e.g. uses
cars, irresponsibly owns destructive pets, etc.).

3.a,b,c He's married, so probably not that long ago. But he's an old
man, so draw your own conclusions.
3.d Probably zero.

4.a He hates MTB riders because of incidents about 15 years ago, when
he began to encounter them on local trails.
4.b He doesn't seem to have a lot of friends, if you exclude fellow
fanatics. Read Montauk's letter for an insight.
4.c I don't see he does anything wrong with publishing email
addresses. Anyone stupid enough to write him should expect it.

The "solution" to dealing with him has been posted here thousands of
times - ignore him. He thrives on attention.

thanks,

CritPOSER