Listing to the left on coker

Old September 21st 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default Listing to the left on coker

ntappin wrote:
Don't worry about it, the tire is great, and tires don't really have
anything to do with listing anyways... unless you made a triangular
offset tire.

Haha ok great! I was just thinking that because of the nightrider's much
higher 65 psi rating, and the fact that because of this, there will be
less tire contact with the ground, that it might "magnify" any
"listing" that might otherwise not be noticeable with the TA. But I
guess that if the tire -is- partially the reason for any listing that
might occur, then the nightrider would lessen any listing, (due to less
contact with the road) not increase it! Yay!

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 21st 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munimag

I had a similar problem of having to lean to the left when riding on the
right side of a crowned road. I discovered that if I rode on the left
side of the road where the road sloped to the left I was able to ride
upright without having to lean. Of course riding on the left side of
the road is not an option so I tried turning the wheel around and
swapping sides with the cranks. Now when I ride on the right side of a
crowned road it is much more comfortable. It seems that the dishing of
the wheel or the alignment of the frame favors the current set up.

--
munimag
Old September 21st 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OneWheelLess

podzol wrote:
Been noticing I feel I'm always leaning to the left on my coker, like I
am always fighting a tendency to turn.

It is the case even on level surfaces with no wind. I've checked the
seat and its straight to my eye. I have a Torker air saddle on it.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this trouble?

Here's my 2 cents, I was thinking about posting this info anyway, so
here's another possibility I have discovered through my own experiments
(I know someone covered this in another thread at some point or
another).
I purchased a used coker w/ a homebuilt frame, and one leg of the fork
was slightly longer than the other, causing the tire to be closer to
one side of the frame than the other. I noticed that this was making me
constantly fight a left-hand turn, fatigue, sore arms and torqing my one
leg badly. I wasn't going to bother re-welding the frame (which was
gonna be replaced anyway), so I made aluminum shims out of a soda can
to even the legs out, and it made a world of difference!
I completely forgot this until recently when I noticed that on smooth
pavement, or long xc rides, my muni torqued my right leg really bad (I
didn't have this problem on any of my other unis at this point). I
checked the fork, and sure enough the the rim rode closer to one side
than the other. Several shims later, problem solved. Even a small
difference may make a difference, however my current frame Is slightly
off, but apparently not enough to matter.
Lastly, I have seen frames where the seat tube actually wasn't
perfectly square to the crown and this would also have the same effect.
If that's the case, the frame should be replaced under warranty.
-hope this helps

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.

Left Handed Cyclists? Bret Racing 8 February 14th 05 01:41 AM
Long wet Coker ride, with metaphorical nettles Mikefule Unicycling 9 August 7th 04 09:33 AM
Coker Mini-Tour nathan Unicycling 13 April 21st 04 07:38 PM
Seattle Coker Ride 15 Feb 2004 harper Unicycling 19 February 18th 04 06:54 AM
Coker crash J.D. Miller Unicycling 32 November 12th 03 05:49 PM