best crank length for trials?

Old October 8th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hansc

Default best crank length for trials?

Magixause;1109770 wrote:
How bout we take the time that we could use being an idiot about someone
making a topic and use it to answer the question!

So you're saying that I'm the idiot?

1. I don't ride much trial, therefore I couldn't give an accurate
answer. However, since this have been talked about before, I linked to
other threads where the question had been answered.

2. After discovering that the link was dead, I posted a short
instruction on how to find these threads. It also contains a good tip if
you're not familiar with the search tool.

3. The old threads are kept for a reason. I for one don't want to see
the forums filled with similar threads; even if you don't mind answering
the same question over and over again, it makes it harder to find
information for those who actually use the search tool.

Sorry, I fail to see why I'm an idiot.

-

I apologize for going off topic. Currently I use 125 mm cranks, but as
I said, I don't ride much trials. To me, 137 mm and 140 mm seems to be
the most common lengths.

--
hansc
Old October 8th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joepufferman

thanks

--
joepufferman
Old October 9th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

140mm/137mm i don't know anyone who'll sensibly claim they can feel the
difference..

145mm are a little too long in my opinion gets anoying. You can really
fell the difference.
125mm really aren't too bad either and in fact might make some things
nicer because the pedal wouldn't be so close to the floor, but 140mm
seems to be the generally accepted length.

--
brendan
Old October 9th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Magixause;1109770 wrote:
How bout we take the time that we could use being an idiot about someone
making a topic and use it to answer the question

As Hans said, this topic has been covered many many times before, so it
would behoove both the original poster, and the community, to bring up
an older thread and continue the "debate" there.

Think about it for a second... there may already be some great points
made in these older threads as to why a particular size would be a good
idea... and the people that made those points might not be around to
post anymore. Why should we disregard the experiences this forum
already contains?

The only idiotic thing here is the suggestion that old threads are
irrelevant.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire