The best excuse yet

Old May 28th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

Default The best excuse yet

I was listening to an NPR interview today with Adam Nelson, US shotputter
and silver medalist at 2000 and 2004 Olympics, who is training for Beijing.
He recently competed in the adidas Track Classic and finished 2nd behind
another USA competitor, He claimed that his poor performance was partially
due to the airlines only serving him peanuts on his cross country flight to
the event. He claimed that he lost 7 pounds during the trip.

Old May 28th 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article , "Carl Sundquist"
wrote:

I was listening to an NPR interview today with Adam Nelson, US shotputter
and silver medalist at 2000 and 2004 Olympics, who is training for Beijing.
He recently competed in the adidas Track Classic and finished 2nd behind
another USA competitor, He claimed that his poor performance was partially
due to the airlines only serving him peanuts on his cross country flight to
the event. He claimed that he lost 7 pounds during the trip.

Damn, what a metabolism he's got. Or did they just taxi across the country?

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old May 28th 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 27, 10:54 pm, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:
I was listening to an NPR interview today with Adam Nelson, US shotputter
and silver medalist at 2000 and 2004 Olympics, who is training for Beijing..
He recently competed in the adidas Track Classic and finished 2nd behind
another USA competitor, He claimed that his poor performance was partially
due to the airlines only serving him peanuts on his cross country flight to
the event. He claimed that he lost 7 pounds during the trip.

I thought you were going to post the one by Riccardo Ricco:
“Without the team time trial and my fall in the individual time trial,
I’d be in the pink jersey right now,” said Riccò.
In other words, if he was in another race and could stay on the bike
he'd be winning right now...

Old May 28th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

Carl Sundquist wrote:
I was listening to an NPR interview today with Adam Nelson, US
shotputter and silver medalist at 2000 and 2004 Olympics, who is
training for Beijing. He recently competed in the adidas Track Classic
and finished 2nd behind another USA competitor, He claimed that his poor
performance was partially due to the airlines only serving him peanuts
on his cross country flight to the event. He claimed that he lost 7
pounds during the trip.

Damn, I should fly more. I could stand to lose 7 pounds.

What airline did his competitor use?

/dave a
Old May 28th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

dave a wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
I was listening to an NPR interview today with Adam Nelson, US
shotputter and silver medalist at 2000 and 2004 Olympics, who is
training for Beijing. He recently competed in the adidas Track Classic
and finished 2nd behind another USA competitor, He claimed that his
poor performance was partially due to the airlines only serving him
peanuts on his cross country flight to the event. He claimed that he
lost 7 pounds during the trip.

Damn, I should fly more. I could stand to lose 7 pounds.

Yeah. There's a diet book in this for sure. If we could get Oprah to eat
the peanuts, we'd make millions!
Old May 28th 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Fred Fredburger wrote:

dave a wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
I was listening to an NPR interview today with Adam Nelson, US
shotputter and silver medalist at 2000 and 2004 Olympics, who is
training for Beijing. He recently competed in the adidas Track Classic
and finished 2nd behind another USA competitor, He claimed that his
poor performance was partially due to the airlines only serving him
peanuts on his cross country flight to the event. He claimed that he
lost 7 pounds during the trip.

Damn, I should fly more. I could stand to lose 7 pounds.

Yeah. There's a diet book in this for sure. If we could get Oprah to eat
the peanuts, we'd make millions!

Ahh, the maaaagic peanuts...

Old May 28th 08, 08:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
RicodJour wrote:

On May 27, 10:54 pm, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:
I was listening to an NPR interview today with Adam Nelson, US shotputter
and silver medalist at 2000 and 2004 Olympics, who is training for Beijing.
He recently competed in the adidas Track Classic and finished 2nd behind
another USA competitor, He claimed that his poor performance was partially
due to the airlines only serving him peanuts on his cross country flight to
the event. He claimed that he lost 7 pounds during the trip.

I thought you were going to post the one by Riccardo Ricco:
³Without the team time trial and my fall in the individual time trial,
I¹d be in the pink jersey right now,² said Riccò.
In other words, if he was in another race and could stay on the bike
he'd be winning right now...

Yeah, well, shoot...if I had better genetics and more dedication to
training and not eating, I could be living the $15k dream right now.

If ifs and buts were fruits and nuts, we'd have semi-pro sports in a
nutshell,

Old May 28th 08, 09:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Howard Kveck wrote:
Damn, what a metabolism he's got. Or did they just taxi across the
country?

Perhaps it was a GM peanut that was modified to act as a stimulant.

Old May 29th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
mtb Dad

LOL Damn, you guys are funny today.
Thx
Old May 29th 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=90861435