2007 to 2008 KH prices

Old September 21st 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

Default 2007 to 2008 KH prices

If you want to learn at best half truths, I can make something up that
will explain the large price difference for a KH in the USA vs over
there.

Maybe lot's of KH's come in a container on a slow boat from China-
Taiwan to the west coast of Canada. From there, they plug into the QBP
network in the USA, so they can be bought with very low overhead in the
USA, if you find the right retailer.

Again, totally making stuff up, I will guess that there is a less
straight connection to Europe, so that KH stuff moves through more
hands, taxers, customs etc. I mean seriously, in backwards bucks down
USA you can have a KH 20 07 at your door for 170 pounds or whatever
your money is.

Hard to figure why, and it might not last for long here.

--
feel the light
Old September 21st 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lutz

The europe theorie cant be true because in germany the prices increased
only on a few €. If it is realy that much more in UK just buy your KH
08 in germany.

--
Lutz

| 'AJATA' (http://www.ajata.de) | 'www.einradshows.de'
(http://www.einradshows.de)

Verkaufe 'POINT' (http://www.pointbike.de) und Casco Produkte mit
20-50% Rabatt bei Interesse meldet euch bei mir.

Old 'Video' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAsoLgi4ys)
Old September 21st 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
innes

2008 KH 29" 519 Euros or £409 from municycle.com

Only £11 cheaper at the current exchange rate.

--
innes
Old September 21st 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scoope

You also have to consider the market base

UK 55 million potential customers.
USA 250 million potential customers.

= Better chance of selling more items in the USA

--
scoope
Old September 21st 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
innes

There is only £11 or $20 difference between a Nimbus 29" in the UK
compared to the US.

That isn't that much of a difference.

--
innes
Old September 21st 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

innes wrote:
The drilled rims I have seen were Onza ones, with hedgehogs cut into the
rims, they looked great, but the only thing stopping that gritty muddy
water is rim tape.

I've seen on (Gadge has one) and it has a strange plastic tape strip
which obviously stops gritty water etc. getting into the tyre and
abrading the tube. However, with the double walled rim, I wonder what
you do about all the contaminants that get between the two walls.

--
Mikefule

"There's lots of things in theory. Sometimes I think it must be nearly
full." Sid Kipper