Epic 45 mile Coker *and* Muni after!

Old October 7th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default Epic 45 mile Coker *and* Muni after!

WHo's up for a 36er ride this saturday at 'Santa Ana river trail'
(http://tinyurl.com/538zl2)? I think it's the same one me and jim did
about a year ago, and it leads into Huntington beach. We did about 26
miles then and it was really great. From what I hear, upon completion,
it will stretch for '110 miles'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_A...r_bicycle_path) from
Huntington beach, into the San Bernardino mountains!

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old October 7th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

(http://tinyurl.com/42hjey)? I think it's the same one me and jim did
about a year ago, and it leads into Huntington beach. We did about 26
miles then and it was really great. From what I hear, upon completion,
it will stretch for '110 miles'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_A...r_bicycle_path) from
Huntington beach, into the San Bernardino mountains!

i'd love to but i am going to scary farm the night before/morning of so
i don't know if i would awake enough to go. It looks like a great ride
though.

--
Tyler_N

UNIPROSHOP.COM
2nd*)---, '30ft Coaster~
')-mostpointlessthread-/--O'
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PPpcKrm1A)

UniKid2 wrote:

dakoroman wrote:
analize

lol

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Old October 7th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Tyler_N;1108773 wrote:
i'd love to but i am going to scary farm the night before/morning of so
i don't know if i would awake enough to go. It looks like a great ride
though.

I'm going too! Knot!

Old October 7th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

MuniAddict;1108779 wrote:
I'm going too! -"-Knott-"-!

lol

Old October 7th 08, 06:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

Well I did just order my 36 though Jamey, so it won't be here until
after that Saturday, but I think you should start at 'Yorba Regional
Park' (http://tinyurl.com/4tx5ro). It's 21.5 miles from there to the
beach, and although I've only ridden about 5 of it, I plan to ride all
of that distance very soon now. Parking at the park is onle about $6 all
day, but I don't know how you would set up going back for your car,
maybe you'd have a plan for that. Well, it's just an idea. It's a ride I
will be doing quite often in the near future.

--
crazyjoe

*'uniproshop.com' (http://uniproshop.com)*
*'MySpace' (http://myspace.com/myspace_joespace)*
*'deviantART' (http://thecrazyjoe.deviantart.com/)*
Old October 7th 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Another really fun and different kind of 36er ride I did was to take the
'balboa island ferry' (http://balboaislandferry.com/) across to Balboa
peninsula, but I think it's only about 6 miles. Very scenic. But then
again, we can always get a big 36er group and do the Redondo to Will
Rogers again!

Old October 7th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

MuniAddict;1108748 wrote:
WHo's up for a 36er ride this saturday at 'Santa Ana river trail'
(http://tinyurl.com/538zl2)? I think it's the same one me and jim did
about a year ago, and it leads into Huntington beach. We did about 26
miles then and it was really great. From what I hear, upon completion,
it will stretch for '110 miles'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_A...r_bicycle_path) from
Huntington beach, into the San Bernardino mountains!

I would but we are planning on going up to Yosemite that weekend. If we
don't go due to rain or something then I'm in but for now the plan is
Yosemite and climbing Half Dome.

--
unicycle6869

24X3 INSTENSE TIRES ON SALE
HERE!!! (\"HTTP://WWW.UNIPROSHOP.COM\")

'www.uniproshop.com' (http://www.uniproshop.com)
Old October 7th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Tyler_N;1108773 wrote:
i'd love to but i am going to scary farm the night before/morning of so
i don't know if i would awake enough to go. It looks like a great ride
though.

Cool, I've been there a couple times this year (for the first time
ever) and it's great. The reason I was there was to watch my girlfriend
perform fire on the INFERNO stage. She got hired to do several shows
there throughout the month of October. Don't think she's working on
Friday but you should check it out, it's a pretty good show.

I got hired to do one night with my girlfriend and you can see a video
of it 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/3mglsb). We are the second act doing
staff together. I've only been doing fire staff for about a month now
but it's great fun. Then she comes back on and does a comedy poi routine
around 11 minutes into it, with a different guy. I am part of the grand
finale and come on towards the end juggling torches, and I fire breath
at the end. We did 4 shows that night and this was the third one but not
the best but still pretty good. Anyways, my point is that every night
it's different and worth checking out. Have fun!!

Old October 7th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

MuniAddict;1109041 wrote:
Another really fun and different kind of 36er ride I did was to take the
'balboa island ferry' (http://balboaislandferry.com/) across to Balboa
peninsula, but I think it's only about 6 miles. Very scenic. But then
again, we can always get a big 36er group and do the Redondo to Will
Rogers again!

I've been thinking of planning a ride where everyone would bring 36ers
to Catalina Island, and we could ride across the island maybe from
Avalon to Two Harbors and back. I don't know the distance, but it would
be an estimated 30-40 miles. We could call it the CCT, the Catalina
Coker Tour! Catalina does have some beautiful scenery and wildlife.

Old October 7th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

crazyjoe;1109300 wrote:
I've been thinking of planning a ride where everyone would bring 36ers
to Catalina Island, and we could ride across the island maybe from
Avalon to Two Harbors and back. I don't know the distance, but it would
be an estimated 30-40 miles. We could call it the CCT, the Catalina
Coker Tour! Catalina does have some beautiful scenery and wildlife.

Yeah that might be really fun, but they are also very ANAL about bikes
on the island..well, offroad anyway. I tried to take my MUni there on
the catalina express boat, and they said it wasn't allowed! Finally they
agreed, but said Bikes/unicycles are not allowed on any of the trails.

They might also have a problem with even a group of 36er's on the paved
roads, likely citing that we would be obstructing/interfering/or slowing
normal traffic. (I could call and inquire)

They seem to be extremely testy when it comes to stuff like that! But
if they did allow it, it would be best done on the coolest/overcast day
since it's entirely exposed and can get very hot there!