What to do with a dead frame?

Old October 7th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Default What to do with a dead frame?

pretend its an over sized guirtar tuner?

--
thejdw

-I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!-
Old October 7th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

Make it into a truing stand?

--
Michaelgoround
Old October 7th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Michaelgoround;1109121 wrote:
Make it into a truing stand?

Best

--
Jeremy R

Six Six One
Mountain Uni
Old October 7th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

the truing stands a good idea... But the lamp is better. I HAVE to do
that when I get a new frame!

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
Old October 8th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Votes IMO:
1 - reweld and ride it.

2 - truing stand.

3 - lamp.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old October 8th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uni_Brian

Lamp!!!!!!

--
Uni_Brian

Everybody love Everybody
Old October 8th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

Trash two more and make a guitar stand.

Kurt

--
zogola
Old October 8th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

A truing stand sounds stupid. If he buys a new frame, and uses it to
ride with, than thats his truing frame, why take a wheel out of a good
frame, to put it in a bad frame? WOT.

I still say to do the lamp. As far as I know, you will be the first to
do it.

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Old October 8th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jtrops

I only started riding a uni a few months ago, but already I have built
three wheels. I have built hundreds of bicycle wheels, and the
frustrating thing about uni wheels is that I couldn't build on my truing
stand. It is much faster to lace, true and dish a wheel on the stand.
I would love to have a stand made out of an old uni frame if I continue
to build uni wheels. Really a very good idea after the re-weld.

--
jtrops
Old October 8th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
evil-nick

Oooh... I hadn't thought of a lamp!

As is, it's not safe to ride, the crack on the left hand side goes
around the tubing more than 180 degrees, and opens up from the stress of
mounting... and I swear you hear the metal stressing when you ride it

I suppose I could weld it, but I could use a lamp now that I think of
it. Find a nice piece of wood for the base, screw it in through the
bearing caps... Maybe I can find an old kids bike rim, and use it and
the spokes to hold the lamp shade Reduce/reuse/re-unicycle!

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/

Is it Dead? Frank Drackman Techniques 27 October 23rd 07 04:13 AM
AMB is DEAD! Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 3 August 3rd 07 11:42 PM
A.R.B.R. ain't dead yet?????? [email protected] Recumbent Biking 329 March 5th 05 12:33 AM
I would be dead but for my... JohnB UK 5 June 6th 04 08:54 PM