Words of encouragement

Old October 8th 03, 01:55 PM
randonneur

Default Words of encouragement

Just a word of encouragement for anyone thinking about learning to ride
a uni - especially old guys like me. I had doubts about being able to
ride, especially as I'm 59 years old, but I am a fit long distance
bicyclist, so I bought a 24" Torker and gave it a try. Two weeks to the
day after I first climbed on the machine, holding onto the garage door
with both hands, I rode through my neighborhood streets. I have a long
way to go before I can call myself a unicyclist, and I'll never ride
like my friend Jeff, who recently rode 50 miles through the mountains
over three tough passes, but I can smile as I ride past the neighbors
who shook their heads watching me get on, fall off, get back on, get
hurt, get back on in a seemingly endless cycle. That's enough.
Thanks for the advice and encouragement from this list!

--
randonneur
randonneur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4481

Old October 8th 03, 01:59 PM
U-Turn

randonneur wrote:
*I'll never ride like my friend Jeff, who recently rode 50 miles
through the mountains over three tough passes*

You never know............

--
U-Turn - Small fish, big pond

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old October 8th 03, 01:59 PM
GILD

randonneur wrote:
* I have a long way to go before I can call myself a unicyclist, *

oh, i think u can call yourself a unicyclist by now

well done!

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

'this will only take a minute...(fixed)'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm)
'and while u're in a good-deed-doing-mood...'
(http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com.)
'and just one more?pleez?'
(http://http://www.reuniteluna.com/email.php.)
JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Old October 8th 03, 09:37 PM
Carney Carney Kilian

That's awesome. I have nothing but the deepest respect for people who
refuse to grow "old", and what a better way to stay young than taking up
unicycling! I'm new to Unicycling as well, and it's been nothing but great
times, and good exercise. Keep it up! I hope to be in good enough shape
when I'm your age to be out unicycling around!

Carney

Old October 9th 03, 04:30 AM
chirokid

randonneur wrote:
*Two weeks to the day after I first climbed on the machine..., I rode
through my neighborhood streets. *

Great job Randonneur. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"That wascally wabbit wan off with a wobble of one wheelers" E. Fud
Original prose by UniBrier
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140