basso only attempted doping

Old May 8th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

Default basso only attempted doping

On Tue, 08 May 2007 21:52:04 +0200, Donald Munro
wrote:

I am the official WADA podium girl breast implant checker, and I can
assure you I did not receive any special favours nor was I unduly
distracted while carrying out my duties on Miss Basso.

That speaks to integrity of the testing procedure, but does not speak
to the results. Or are you holding out to conduct a B test? Although
without a picture provided by ED, I'm remembering more like at least a
C+...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 8th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

"sergio" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 8 Mag, 19:31, "benjo maso" wrote:

I'm quite relieved that my suspicion is completely unfounded.

Please, enlighten me.
I am not quite sure yet.

How is that possible? He said himself that he only planned to take doping,
didn't he?

Benjo

Old May 8th 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
sergio

On 9 Mag, 00:17, "benjo maso" wrote:

How is that possible? He said himself that he only planned to take doping,
didn't he?

So you trust him?
You are a believer, Benjo.

Sergio
Pisa

Old May 8th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan

Reminds me of Dario Frigo, who said that his doping arsenal during the
Giro was
only to give him moral strength because of the possibility of using it
if he really
needed to. On the other hand, Frigo's statement was so outrageously
stupid, that
it must have been true.

-ilan

On May 8, 5:07 pm, "
wrote:
Cycling champ Ivan Basso denies dopinghttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070508/ap_on_sp_ot/cyc_basso_doping

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...y07/may08news2

"Yes, I am Birillo. It was me that suggested to be called this way,"
said the former Discovery Channel rider,

1. The code name 'Birillo' that appeared on the June 27, 2006, Guardia
Civil dossier. ... Basso had historically denied Birillo as being the
name of his dog,

2. Two telephone recordings from May 13 and 14 made by DS Ignacio
Labarta to Fuentes. "Birillo had arrived with Simoni at sixteen
seconds," ..."A certain Ivan Basso won." Basso was now first overall
with José Enrique Gutierrez (Phonak) second. "Friend, you have... a
first and a second."

4. An agenda with a schedule of blood extractions and transfusions
since 2004. In the agenda the pseudonyms 'Birillo' and '2' are used.

5. Payments in 2004 of around €35,000 and another €6000 for the
freezing the blood (or "gastos de Siberia"),

6. Guardia Civil intercepted messages from Basso to Fuentes after the
2006 Giro.

7. The analyses of blood, which could have been done in November 2005
in Madrid, with haematologist Merino Batres, a collaborator of
Fuentes. The Spanish Guardia Civil suspect that the cyclist visited
Madrid at least three times but he had always denied being there.

--------------------

Gianni Bugno : "My valuation of Basso remains unchanged, and it
clearly confirms that it is the cyclists who always pay the price,"

Most of the voices out of Italy showed support for Basso and promised
help for his future. "It is important not to leave Ivan alone now. He
is a good guy and not a rascal," said Italian national coach Franco
Ballerini. "Basso has accepted his responsibility,.."

Angelo Zomegnan, also praised Basso, while considering the effect on
his race. "Ivan did a brave thing..."

Old May 9th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
mike[_4_]

OMG, sad that she thinks she looks good. Talk about a broken mirror.

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2007 21:52:04 +0200, Donald Munro wrote:
I am the official WADA podium girl breast implant checker, and I can
assure you I did not receive any special favours nor was I unduly
distracted while carrying out my duties on Miss Basso.

That speaks to integrity of the testing procedure, but does not speak
to the results. Or are you holding out to conduct a B test? Although
without a picture provided by ED, I'm remembering more like at least a
C+...

Here's vintage Elisa. Her outlook is about the same as her brother's.
http://www.hersenscheet.com/images/beach1.jpg

--
E. Dronkert

Old May 9th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Dan Connelly" wrote in message
. net...
Curtis L. Russell wrote:

I for one am willing to suspend disbelief and believe him.

1 Ivan Basso (Ita) Team CSC
91.33.36 (38.54 km/h)
2 José E. Gutierrez Cataluna (Spa) Phonak Hearing Systems
9.18
3 Gilberto Simoni (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir
11.59

Imagine the time gap if Basso HAD dipped into some of that 2004 Reserve.

Platelets are good for a couple of days before they go bad.

Whole blood is only good for 30 days.

Plasma can be frozen for a year.

Wasn't it WHOLE blood that was recovered?

Old May 9th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2007 21:52:04 +0200, Donald Munro wrote:
I am the official WADA podium girl breast implant checker, and I can
assure you I did not receive any special favours nor was I unduly
distracted while carrying out my duties on Miss Basso.

That speaks to integrity of the testing procedure, but does not speak
to the results. Or are you holding out to conduct a B test? Although
without a picture provided by ED, I'm remembering more like at least a
C+...

Here's vintage Elisa. Her outlook is about the same as her brother's.
http://www.hersenscheet.com/images/beach1.jpg

That's just ... just ... just ... UGH!!!
Old May 9th 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

I for one am willing to suspend disbelief and believe him.

1 Ivan Basso (Ita) Team CSC
91.33.36 (38.54 km/h)
2 José E. Gutierrez Cataluna (Spa) Phonak Hearing Systems
9.18
3 Gilberto Simoni (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir
11.59

Imagine the time gap if Basso HAD dipped into some of that 2004 Reserve.

Platelets are good for a couple of days before they go bad.

Whole blood is only good for 30 days.

Plasma can be frozen for a year.

Wasn't it WHOLE blood that was recovered?

Oh. And I assumed the material from 2004 must have been in the cellar, aging....
Old May 9th 07, 09:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Cyrus De Kline

On May 9, 12:48 am, ilan wrote:
Reminds me of Dario Frigo, who said that his doping arsenal during the
Giro was
only to give him moral strength because of the possibility of using it
if he really
needed to. On the other hand, Frigo's statement was so outrageously
stupid, that
it must have been true.

-ilan

Really really stupid, since the syringes in Frigo's posession were
found to contain only saline solution after all ...

Old May 9th 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Here's vintage Elisa. Her outlook is about the same as her brother's.
http://www.hersenscheet.com/images/beach1.jpg

Fred Fredburger wrote:
That's just ... just ... just ... UGH!!!

Now you see why my job is so traumatic. Podium girl breast implant
checkers require frequent psychological counselling sessions to cope with
the stress.