It's days like this that make you think there is a $DEITY

Old October 16th 03, 09:15 PM
phil

Default It's days like this that make you think there is a $DEITY

Beep! Beep! Beep! went the alarm clock* for a normal Thursday morning,
getting up while it's still dark outside and heading to work just like
any other random workday.

However on getting to work there was a big sign saying "All Networks
Down!" at the entrance; on getting inside it seemed a power supply
somewhere had literally exploded and all the computers were dead. Unable
to do pretty much anything we were encouraged that if we wanted an odd
day off sometime, today would be an excellent day to take it. Being ever
unquestioning to management as I am, I dissappeared and headed off to
Ham Hill country park, which I felt needed a bit more exploring.

I went there before a week before BMW; it was a fairly large ex-quarry
with loads of short but very technical downhill sections, which was
great fun. This time I decided to go explore a wider area, and I'm sooo
glad I did! During my few hours I found...

- A good length of very technical singletrack, rocks and roots all over
a winding trail along the side of a steep hillside in a forest;
- Even more miles of swoopy singletrack, less leg effort required but
nice'n'fast;
- Three downhill tracks, complete with jumps over logs and even a few
wooden jump ramps;
- The icing on the cake... a few north shore stylee raised boardwalks!
Admittedly they were far too hard for me to even contemplate trying, but
the fact that there is north shore stuff in Yeovil was good enough for
me...

All in all... a truly excellent day; I am totally exhausted after all
that. I'll definitely be going there again, whenever I get the
opportunity... maybe I should sabotage the server room more often...

Phil

*it was actually the radio, but that doesn't make for very good
narrative...

--
phil - ex-studenty type

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

Old October 17th 03, 06:20 AM
uni57

phil wrote:
*Beep! Beep! Beep! went the alarm clock*

*it was actually the radio, but that doesn't make for very good
narrative... *

Beep, beep, beep went the radio -- probably means it's time to buy a new
radio. As for your narrative, you're no Mikefule , but you don't need
to embellish (thanks for the full-disclosure fine-print).

What a great find and a great day! Once, in the days BU (before
unicycle), it snowed so hard I couldn't drive to the office. So I drove
to the ski slopes instead. It too was a good day. At least, as good as
good got in the days BU.

And I'm sorry, I don't have an environment variable called $DEITY set.

Dave Lowell (uni57)

--
uni57 - David C. Lowell

'Tis the season to be MUni...