Portly shorts

Old April 1st 05, 10:25 PM
Bob Weissman

Default Portly shorts

I'm having trouble finding good-fitting bike shorts. My waistline needs
an XL short, but my inseam wants an M, if you know what I mean. Shorts
with large enough waistlines are too long for me.

Does anyone know of a particular short which features a shorter inseam
for those of us with wider waistlines?

Thanks,
- Bob

Old April 1st 05, 10:41 PM
GaryG

Bob Weissman wrote:
I'm having trouble finding good-fitting bike shorts. My waistline

needs
an XL short, but my inseam wants an M, if you know what I mean.

Shorts
with large enough waistlines are too long for me.

Does anyone know of a particular short which features a shorter

inseam
for those of us with wider waistlines?

Thanks,
- Bob

Have you looked into bibs, instead of shorts?

GG

Old April 2nd 05, 12:40 AM
Bob Weissman

In article .com,
GaryG wrote:

Bob Weissman wrote:
I'm having trouble finding good-fitting bike shorts. My waistline

needs
an XL short, but my inseam wants an M, if you know what I mean.

Shorts
with large enough waistlines are too long for me.

Does anyone know of a particular short which features a shorter

inseam
for those of us with wider waistlines?

Have you looked into bibs, instead of shorts?

GG

Well, I've looked "at" them, but not in any great detail. Tell me why
you think they would be a good fit for me?

Thanks,
- Bob

Old April 2nd 05, 12:58 AM
Bestest Handsander

"Bob Weissman" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
In article .com,
GaryG wrote:

Bob Weissman wrote:
I'm having trouble finding good-fitting bike shorts. My waistline

needs
an XL short, but my inseam wants an M, if you know what I mean.

Shorts
with large enough waistlines are too long for me.

Does anyone know of a particular short which features a shorter

inseam
for those of us with wider waistlines?

Have you looked into bibs, instead of shorts?

GG

Well, I've looked "at" them, but not in any great detail. Tell me why
you think they would be a good fit for me?

Thanks,
- Bob

I fit into the Fattie Master category. I've found bib shorts the only way
to go. The waist line doesn't fold down under, nor is there any undo
pressure around the waist. And you avoid the dreaded plumber's butt. I
haven't worn short since I tried my first bib.

Performance's house brand bibs come in sizes for those of us whom gravity
makes awesome on descents! I also really like the DiMarchi Contour Bib plus
as well... finding them much more comfortable than the performance shorts
but more expensive as well.

HTH YMMV

Shorts John Hearns UK 2 March 25th 05 11:50 AM
Speaking of Bike Shorts ChiliDipper General 32 September 24th 03 08:21 PM
Riding Shorts: Why not liners separate from shorts? (Pete Cresswell) Techniques 6 September 15th 03 09:45 PM
Pearl Izumi Microsensor Shorts (long) Pat General 0 August 17th 03 02:10 AM