Drink driving penalties

Old May 12th 05, 02:28 AM
Peter McCallum

Default Drink driving penalties

Letter to the Editor
Mackay Daily Mercury

It was reported that a woman who was fined $700 for driving at nearly
180km/h and $1200 for having more than three times the legal blood
alcohol concentration (Daily Mercury 12 May 2005 p.18). What a joke!

Behaviour such as that is the type of terrorism we should be
concentrating on removing from our society. Unfortunately our traffic
laws fail to do that.

Under the Queensland law, this driver could have been given a maximum
fine of $2100 for driving under the influence. Compare that with the
maximum penalty for riding a bicycle without a bell, $1500.

Maybe our magistrates and politicians should use riding a bicycle
without a bell a benchmark in deciding what penalties should be imposed
for traffic offences. If something is ten times more dangerous than
riding a bicycle without a bell, then ten times the maximum penalty
should apply. I'd imagine that driving under the influence of alcohol
would then carry a penalty much closer to $200 000 than $2 000.

That may seem excessive, but ask the families of people whose loved ones
have been killed by drunk drivers how much their actions have cost them,
I'm sure $200 000 would be nowhere near the mark.

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old May 12th 05, 04:41 AM
BIKE AU

Default Drunk Driving Penalties

Peter McCallum wrote:
Letter to the Editor
Mackay Daily Mercury

It was reported that a woman who was fined $700 for driving at nearly
180km/h and $1200 for having more than three times the legal blood
alcohol concentration (Daily Mercury 12 May 2005 p.18). What a joke!

Behaviour such as that is the type of terrorism we should be
concentrating on removing Marty Wallace from our society

BIKE AU
federal police told me they arrested Marty Wallace phone +61897342316
or +616045507000 who is a DRUNK and a Janitor at the
Muja Power Station in Australia wastes alot of time DRUNK.

Old May 12th 05, 04:43 AM
Tamyka Bell

BIKE AU wrote:

Peter McCallum wrote:
Letter to the Editor
Mackay Daily Mercury

It was reported that a woman who was fined $700 for driving at nearly
180km/h and $1200 for having more than three times the legal blood
alcohol concentration (Daily Mercury 12 May 2005 p.18). What a joke!

Behaviour such as that is the type of terrorism we should be
concentrating on removing Marty Wallace from our society

BIKE AU
federal police told me they arrested Marty Wallace phone +61897342316
or +616045507000 who is a DRUNK and a Janitor at the
Muja Power Station in Australia wastes alot of time DRUNK.

Well, I wouldn't say that being DRUNK is a waste of time...

Marty, how did you score the attention of this under-the-bridge
character?

Tam
Old May 12th 05, 04:59 AM
Marty

Tamyka Bell wrote:
BIKE AU wrote:

Peter McCallum wrote:

Letter to the Editor
Mackay Daily Mercury

It was reported that a woman who was fined $700 for driving at nearly
180km/h and $1200 for having more than three times the legal blood
alcohol concentration (Daily Mercury 12 May 2005 p.18). What a joke!

Behaviour such as that is the type of terrorism we should be
concentrating on removing Marty Wallace from our society

BIKE AU
federal police told me they arrested Marty Wallace phone +61897342316
or +616045507000 who is a DRUNK and a Janitor at the
Muja Power Station in Australia wastes alot of time DRUNK.

Well, I wouldn't say that being DRUNK is a waste of time...

Marty, how did you score the attention of this under-the-bridge
character?

Tam

He was annoying Alan Erskine on this newsgroup and I told him to ****
off and he still hasn't gotten over it, he obviously has nothing better
to do. Now I'm more than happy to tell the world about his scumbag habits.

http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Bratton...%20Bratton.htm

Marty
Old May 12th 05, 05:06 AM
Tamyka Bell

Marty wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:
BIKE AU wrote:

Peter McCallum wrote:

[...]

If I blog that link, do you reckon I'll end up in the limelight?

Tam
Old May 12th 05, 05:17 AM
Marty

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Marty wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

BIKE AU wrote:

Peter McCallum wrote:

[...]

Nah, I doubt it. Insult him a bit to rough him up first and then let him
know you've blogged it.

Marty
Old May 12th 05, 10:54 AM
Terry Collins

Marty wrote:
Tamyka Bell wrote:

If I blog that link, do you reckon I'll end up in the limelight?

Tam

Nah, I doubt it. Insult him a bit to rough him up first and then let him
know you've blogged it.

Marty

The question is whether your host can handle it.
I was /.'ed once and it was funny. I just had to shut down for three
days until they went away. There is only so much a 28.8K modem link can
handle {:-).

The trouble with attracting attention these days is that you don't get
paid for carrying advertising unless they actually click on the link.
Otherwise, we could draw straws for a round robin of "stir the troll"
and join hippy/whomever OS.

Witness to an accident. Maggie General 114 May 30th 05 08:16 AM
Bizarro sports drink craving... Absent Husband Australia 36 April 29th 05 03:49 PM
This is what driving does to ppl? ( If everyone would just get the hell out of my way!) Tom Keats General 0 January 20th 04 08:32 AM
Vimw unilaur Unicycling 1 August 16th 03 12:07 PM
[OT] Speeding motorist - "It's unfair" Tim Woodall UK 95 August 9th 03 09:28 AM