For free: 1963 "Triumph" 3-speed bike

Old March 22nd 06, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default For free: 1963 "Triumph" 3-speed bike

1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
owner.

Mike
Old March 22nd 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Mike Causer" wrote in message
newsan.2006.03.22.18.50.36.16358@firstnamelastna me.com.invalid...
1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
owner.

I would be interested in the 1979 one for a restoration job. If not taken
my email addy is valid if you want to contact me. I am not far from
newmarket.

Bill

Old March 30th 06, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Mike Causer" wrote in message
newsan.2006.03.22.18.50.36.16358@firstnamelastna me.com.invalid...
1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
owner.

Do you still have either of these?

I would have sent yu an email but you do not appear to have a valid email
address.

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Mike

Old March 30th 06, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

in message , Alan Holmes
') wrote:

"Mike Causer" wrote in message
newsan.2006.03.22.18.50.36.16358@firstnamelastna me.com.invalid...
1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod
brakes,
going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only
slightly rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could
probably ride
away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's
also a
1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of
any interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch
with the owner.

Do you still have either of these?

Planning on going for the hour record, Alan?

;; We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other
;; languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their
;; pockets for new vocabulary -- James D. Nicoll

Old March 30th 06, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
news
in message , Alan Holmes
') wrote:

"Mike Causer" wrote in message
newsan.2006.03.22.18.50.36.16358@firstnamelastna me.com.invalid...
1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod
brakes,
going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only
slightly rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could
probably ride
away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's
also a
1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of
any interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch
with the owner.

Do you still have either of these?

Planning on going for the hour record, Alan?

I have a horrid feeling I'm a little past that now!(:-)

Alan

Old March 31st 06, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Mike Causer" wrote in message
newsan.2006.03.22.18.50.36.16358@firstnamelastna me.com.invalid...
1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only
slightly
rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
owner.

Do you still have either of these?

I would have sent you an email but you do not appear to have a valid email
address.

As there has been no reply I assume they are no longer available!

Would have been nice to have been told though!

Alan