For free: 1963 "Triumph" 3-speed bike

Old March 31st 06, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default For free: 1963 "Triumph" 3-speed bike

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:27:52 +0000, Alan Holmes wrote:

Do you still have either of these?

As I said originally these are not my bikes. The current owner offered
them to me but I don't find them interesting. I am just trying to find
them a good home. (/Someone/ must love rod brakes!)

I would have sent you an email but you do not appear to have a valid
email address.

I _do_, but I obscure it for Usenet. (Currently running at ~100 spam
emails per day, thankyouverymuch :-(

As there has been no reply I assume they are no longer available!

Would have been nice to have been told though!

Not everyone has the chance to follow uk.rec.cycling hour by hour, and
the thread had timed out of my newsreader because there had been no
follow-up in the previous 7 days.....

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Ah, so I am not the only obfuscator?

In fact there is an earlier enquiry about the later bike: are you still
interested in the "Triumph"? It won't have moved in the last week --
-- or decade probably. You do realise that you'll have to turn up
either with a car/van, or new tubes, at a minimum, to ride away, and
possibly new tyres too? The rail station is less than 10 minutes away
by bike, so I would go with the tubes (plus tool kit, pump, tyre levers,
etc) myself.

Mike

Old April 4th 06, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Mike Causer" wrote in message
newsan.2006.03.31.21.29.56.388959@firstnamelastn ame.com.invalid...
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:27:52 +0000, Alan Holmes wrote:

In fact there is an earlier enquiry about the later bike: are you still
interested in the "Triumph"? It won't have moved in the last week --
-- or decade probably.

If this is the one with rod brakes I think I'll pass on that, but thanks for
the offer though.

You do realise that you'll have to turn up
either with a car/van, or new tubes, at a minimum, to ride away, and
possibly new tyres too? The rail station is less than 10 minutes away
by bike, so I would go with the tubes (plus tool kit, pump, tyre levers,
etc) myself.

Alan