KH 2008 Uni Product Launch

Old July 18th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Default KH 2008 Uni Product Launch

Hey,

Finally- here is some news on the new KH lineup and what I have been
working on for the past year. This new stuff will be available in some
countries within the next 2 weeks, and within the next month in some
other countries. The doublecrown frame and KH36 frame should be
available at UNICON; I am not sure whether the other stuff will make
it.

1) New krisholm.com website. This will be launched early next week
and will contain photos of the updated products. Check it out and tell
me what you think. Thank you to Carl Hoyer for doing such an awesome
job!

2) New stronger hot forged bolt-on seatposts. The fixed (bolt-on)
posts now have a one-piece forged plate and collar that eliminates the
weld at the join between the post and the plate, where the posts
previously were susceptible to breakage. The plate is variable
thickness with radiused corners and thicker aluminum (7 mm) in high
stress areas. Forging the post also means that it can be strong while
keeping a clean design without any sharp edges or ribs to get in the way
or cause finger damage. The post is standard on the KH20 and is
available in 27.2 and 25.4 mm size.

3) New adjustable seatpost. The rails bracket is gone. This design
is uncannily similar to John Child's suggested design, even though I
actually never saw it until after this post was made. The
extrusion-forged top piece has infinite adjustability and eliminates
the need for rails. It stronger, lighter, and much more compact than a
bike seatpost and rails bracket. The seat tube is also now pinned to
the top piece to increase resistance to twisting.

4) Stronger machine-butted seat tubes on KH frames. All KH frames now
have machined seat tubes with thicker tubing sidewalls at the crown
weld. This results in a big strength improvement at the crown.

5) New KH36. The frame is awesome- light and stiff and really fun to
ride- some of you saw it at Ride the Lobster. The wheelset is Nimbus
with a Moment crankset.

6) Seat tubes on the KH29 and KH36 are dropped through the fork crown
to reduce inseam requirements and increase adjustability.

7) Fork crowns are all lowered slightly, to improve fit over the tire.

8) Improved rims. All rims now have offset spokes for increased
strength. The 19" and 24" rims now have oval-pressed holes to
increase the amount of metal around the spoke eyelets. The 700c rim
has larger drillouts in the inside rim wall around the spoke eyelets to
slightly reduce weight.

9) New Doublecrown Longneck Flat frame. This frame concept was
suggested by Matt Bender and is an experiment in a new kind of frame
for flat and tech street. It has two crowns. The 2nd crown allows
unprecedented stability for standup tricks and allows the rider to
stand on the frame in any orientation around the back. It should allow
for a lot of new tricks. This is the only frame that comes standard in
polished aluminum.

10) New Longneck KH20. The KH20 now comes with 2 frame options-
either a 150 mm standard version or a 300 mm longneck seat tube
version.

12) New Odyssey Trailmix pedals. Significantly lighter than the
original JC pedals but still very strong. Unlike most pedals they have
full-strength replaceable pins on the two outside pins- the ones that
usually get the most abuse. A 6 mm hex can also be used to re-tighten
the pedals on the cranks, eliminating the need to carry a pedal wrench
on a ride (although a real pedal wrench works better if available), and
the space for the pedal wrench has been widened to accept a standard
shop wrench or crescent wrench.

13) KH29 unis now come with the WTB Stout tire. This tire has good
sidewall stiffness and is the best all-around 29'er muni tire on the
market so far.

14) KH20 now ships with two pairs of pedals- Odyssey Trailmix and
Odyssey plastic Twisted pedals.

15) New Sym Cranks. These cranks were suggested by Wolfgang
Hennerbichler (Wogri) and are an experiment in a new kind of tubular
CrMo flat/tech street crank. The cranks extend 30 mm out the other
side of the axle and allow you to have both forward and backward
control while standing on only one crank. They do not 100% replace
Moments for flat riding because they are not as good for crankroll
tricks. However, the idea is that they will result in some good new
trick innovations because they allow control in a way that is not
possible with existing cranks.

16) New solid Titanium Moment hub. This hub is awesome and has both a
titanium spindle and titanium flanges. It is the strongest light hub
on the market. Not cheap, but awesome.

17) New Spooner brake lever extension. This brake lever extension
was originally designed by Scott Wallace and fits old and new style
Magura brake levers. This spoon-shaped extension makes a huge
difference to how easy it is to grab your brake. After testing it for
the last months I can't imagine not using it- it would be like mounting
the brake without any lever at all. The Spooner will be sold
standard with Maguras purchased at UDC.

18) Improved Pulse Gloves. These were shipped separately than the
other items so may not be available at the same time as the rest of the
gear. Fit in the wrist is improved, and the palm padding has a better
shape and extends further over the carpal area. The wrist wrap has a
wider plastic splint in the back for increased wrist support.

19) KH seatpost clamps are now available in 7 colours- the same colors
as the saddles: Black, Blue, Red, Green, Orange, Yellow, and Grey.

So- there you have it. All these upgrades were a lot of work and I
really want to thank the team for pulling it all together. As
mentioned there will be photos of all this at the new krisholm.com site
next week.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old July 18th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Wahay

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
Old July 18th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

I'm impressed! Congrats, that is an awesome list!

--
DustinSchaap

DUTCH UNICYCLIST COMMUNITY:
EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://EENWIEL.NL\")
SPONSORS:
MUNICYCLE.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.EINRADLADEN.NET/SHOP/INDEX.PHP/LANGUAGE/EN\")
AND QU-AX (\"HTTP://QU-AX.COM/\")

*Ah, but can you compress your tire like this?*
Old July 18th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
foforackard

awesome!!
when will the items be available from unicycle.com?

--
foforackard

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
In my dream somehow I was in America and I was trying to kill Forrest
(I have no idea why) and then I didn't and we were really good friends.

http://www.youtube.com/user/forack23
Old July 18th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

sweet

--
Tyler_N

2nd*)---, '30ft Coaster~
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_OZvXtRlgY)

vanpaun wrote:
It's all for the ladies....they like the clean shaven look on your uni's
lower parts

UniKid2 wrote:

dakoroman wrote:
analize

lol

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Barnaby flavinhavin McButterfield
Old July 18th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Oh man these updates sound pretty awesome, I can't wait to them. I think
its great that you are shipping the KH20 with the two sets of pedals,
now people get the best of both worlds. I don't think I like the sound
of the new cranks though, I can't imagine where extending the cranks
backwards would really help and it just seems like its more room to get
caught on stuff. I think tubular cranks without that backwards extension
would be ideal/

On #9 I think you meant Matt Bunting, not Matt Bender.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://www.projectuni.com/?page_id=9)-* - Follow the 'progress.'
(http://www.projectuni.com)

'Not fond of benches.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEfoS_i-6lI)
Old July 18th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

Cool! it looks like you thought of flat riders a lot in these new
products! long neck, double crown, sym cranks (good for static flat),
Odyssey plastic Twisted, stronger seat tube (#4)..... SWEET! Odyssey
plastic Twisted

--
Any Terrain

'The Great Chicago Meet-up Thread'
Old July 18th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fatlardboy13

woooot!!!!!! this stuff sounds way better than i expected. can't
wait to see it all. i'm so glad i put off buying a KH! i'll probably
buy at least 2. (36 and 20)

--
fatlardboy13

**)--360 Unispin--',
Old July 18th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

So many innovations. Amazing!

--
phlegm
Old July 18th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jonny_H

danger_uni wrote:

15) New Sym Cranks. These cranks were suggested by Wolfgang
Hennerbichler (Wogri) and are an experiment in a new kind of tubular
CrMo flat/tech street crank. The cranks extend 30 mm out the other
side of the axle and allow you to have both forward and backward
control while standing on only one crank. They do not 100% replace
Moments for flat riding because they are not as good for crankroll
tricks. However, the idea is that they will result in some good new
trick innovations because they allow control in a way that is not
possible with existing cranks.

Kris

*Drools on table*

--
Jonny_H

Old account = Wheres_Your_Other_Wheel

New account = Jonny_H

Launch ramps... mill_mobile Unicycling 13 June 13th 07 10:25 PM
Winchester Bike Week Launch John B UK 2 June 17th 06 11:15 PM
Launch of Sustrans NCN23 John B UK 9 April 24th 06 07:59 PM
Launch New Product at Summer 2006, A-bike Back-order Offers: Free Shipping! No Rick! [email protected] Marketplace 1 March 29th 06 06:24 PM