The Triton's competition

Old June 21st 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

Default The Triton's competition

I have a friend who's in the metal fabrication business and is
interested in hearing about possibly making unicycle frames and
seatpost's. He can get a hold of ANY metal and welds so good it makes
me cry. I talked with him today and tried to explain how he could try
and break into the unicycle market and he seems really interested.

So I need some help from you guys on how I should go about getting him
to commit to doing this. He lives and operates his business here in
Texas so if your looking for a high quality frame, shipping won't kill
you. He's already commmited to making dual-gusseted seatposts, but I
really want him to make some ti frames.

It would be awesome if I could get some suggestions or help from you
guys, as this could benifit everyone here in the U.S if he does this
thing. Anyone have any ideas for the frame? The seatpost shouldn't be
too hard, but I'm not an engineer so help is appreciated.

--
The UniSLAB

Spoonthumb wrote:
Does it make you feel good? Arguing on the internet?

Old June 21st 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kilian

that would be awesome! I agree, it should be kind of different and
unique, i will try to think something up...

--
Kilian
Old June 21st 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

I want a magnesium frame, hopefully a shin friendly one and for a 36"
wheel. Would be fricking sick.

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra

DustinSchaap wrote:
why would you kill the 5 yr olds? there's so much more fun things you
can do with them

Old June 21st 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

kerosian wrote:
I want a magnesium frame, hopefully a shin friendly one and for a 36"
wheel. Would be fricking sick.

Hmmm, I'd have to talk to him about mag frames. I know he can weld just
about every metal there is, including ti, but I never asked about
magnesium.

I'm sure if you'd be willing to pay he'd be willing to make it!

Thanks so far for the interest though guys, and keep it coming

--
The UniSLAB

Old June 21st 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

It's similiar to welding aluminum, not nearly as hard as Ti

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra

Old June 21st 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

kerosian wrote:
It's similiar to welding aluminum, not nearly as hard as Ti

Then it shouldn't be a problem. The main thing we need though as of
right now is an actual spec. sheet on the frame itself. Seatpost's will
be fairly simple, but a frame is different. That's why I'm hoping somone
with a decent concept for structural intergrity and fame design will
chime in.

--
The UniSLAB

Old June 21st 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

hmmm... i'll draw up plans this weekend as i nurse my ankle back to full
health, again.

It'll look pretty gangster, you dont know, he should like polish in
things acid etch things and words in the side.

i'll show you some drawings soon enough..

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)

beeper wrote:
you sir, are unrealistic

Emile.m wrote:
Today I finished 4th grade

Old June 21st 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

unibikeling wrote:
hmmm... i'll draw up plans this weekend as i nurse my ankle back to full
health, again.

It'll look pretty gangster, you dont know, he should like polish in
things acid etch things and words in the side.

i'll show you some drawings soon enough..

Man that would awesome if you could. We can worry about the final
touches later (polish,etching,ect.) but like I said we need a solid
design first and foremost. We also might not just be limited to one
design either so keep that in mind

--
The UniSLAB

Old June 21st 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kilian

does anyone else have any ideas?

--
Kilian
Old June 21st 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

I would ask Sponge for his design for the Triton frames. That would be a
good place to start.

--
zfreak220

johnfoss wrote:
Word.

The Triton's competition The UniSLAB Unicycling 0 June 21st 08 01:25 AM
The Triton's competition unibikeling Unicycling 0 June 21st 08 01:23 AM
The Triton's competition manon1wheel Unicycling 1 June 21st 08 01:23 AM
**Gap Competition** Jerrick Unicycling 0 May 28th 08 02:58 AM
Kris Holm Invitational Unicycle Competition - Unicycle competition in Burnaby BC. JamesH Unicycling 2 June 22nd 07 10:48 PM