Non riding friend pi**ed me off today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 10th 03, 02:05 AM
Barry Gaudet

Default Non riding friend pi**ed me off today

: From: RattRigg )

: Casual friend of mine is in the garage today, starts looking at my
: bikes (Bianchi Volpe & Raliegh M80) and asks how much I spent on "all
: this junk?"

: When I give him a rough number his reply was "Your crazy." It wasnt
: exactly a light hearted moment, at least not for me.

: I wish I had told hm that in the two years since I started riding I
: had lost 25 lbs, and that now I can actually walk up the stairs to my
: house without resting at the top. I also could have compared my own
: costs for riding to his costs for one of his more destructive
: obsessions but I did neither.

: still pi**ed off though.

: Seems like there is always some one around who can spend my money
: better then me.

The best revenge is living well.

But if that's not enough; I like to interject, every time my auto-junkie
aquaintenances who consider a bike with unconcealed contempt, bitch &
moan about skyrocketing car insurance rates how much I pay [$0/year].
Every time they whine & complain about gas prices getting jacked up how
much I pay, [$0/litre]. Then if I really want to twist the knife I
quietly comment how I hope gas/insurance price double and triple again as
I am invested heavily in said companies [doesn't matter whether or not
it's true or not. They won't know]

--

'Ooh I will make you a believer'
-Sass Jordan