Go Mayo Go! Iban the Man , Can!!

Old July 7th 04, 07:55 AM
remove the polite word to reply

Default Go Mayo Go! Iban the Man , Can!!

Now we have a genuine exotic underdog to root for.

I hope Mayo tears up a mtn stage and drops Lance
by about two minutes
like Pantani did to hundreds of thousands of
absolutely screaming tifosi.

I think Lance has done great things for the
cancer sufferer communi5ty, but he shamed himself after that stage by
calling Pantani " a little
**** starter". I'm sure he cringes when he thinks of that now.

Mayo prob can't win but it will be great if he
can set a stage on fire to break the boredom
of another perfectly planned, incredibly funded Postal

How does that money work anyway? Does postal have like twice
the budget for rider salaries?

Maybe they should limit budgets like the limit bike weights.
Have more teams instead.

Lance, please stop winning this race and do the Giro so
cycling can do something new!
Old July 7th 04, 01:04 PM
psycholist

"remove the polite word to reply" wrote in
message om...
Now we have a genuine exotic underdog to root for.

I hope Mayo tears up a mtn stage and drops Lance
by about two minutes
like Pantani did to hundreds of thousands of
absolutely screaming tifosi.

Then Mayo will be 2 minutes behind instead of four.

I think Lance has done great things for the
cancer sufferer communi5ty, but he shamed himself after that stage by
calling Pantani " a little
**** starter". I'm sure he cringes when he thinks of that now.

I doubt if he gives it another thought.

Mayo prob can't win but it will be great if he
can set a stage on fire to break the boredom
of another perfectly planned, incredibly funded Postal

The mediocre are always uncomfortable in the presence of those who excel.

How does that money work anyway? Does postal have like twice
the budget for rider salaries?
Maybe they should limit budgets like the limit bike weights.
Have more teams instead.

Maybe we should just skip the TdF and make the Little 500 a pro event so
everyone can ride their AMF Roadmaster bicycles.

Lance, please stop winning this race and do the Giro so
cycling can do something new!

I've never noticed your name in this newsgroup before, so I guess you're new
to the sport and don't realize that A SIXTH WIN IN THE TOUR DE FRANCE WOULD
BE HISTORIC! Historic means new ... never been done before.

Bob C.

Old July 8th 04, 08:43 AM
remove the polite word to reply

I've never noticed your name in this newsgroup before, so I guess you're new
to the sport and don't realize that A SIXTH WIN IN THE TOUR DE FRANCE WOULD
BE HISTORIC! Historic means new ... never been done before.

i agree, but i see the situation as sixth is already won.
It's a little embarrassing with postal just destroying everyone in
every disdcipline.

I'm curious about budgets.

Is postal's budget like way bigger than everyone else's, meaning the
supporting riders are way better; meaning eki and
GH destroy all monsters who might oppose LA while everyone
else just can't compete on salary?
Old July 9th 04, 09:53 AM
Benjamin Weiner

remove the polite word to reply wrote:

i agree, but i see the situation as sixth is already won.
It's a little embarrassing with postal just destroying everyone in
every disdcipline.

That's absurd.
The situation was about the same last year after the TTT, BTW.

One of Lance's strengths has always been recovery - remarkable
consistency from stage to stage, and even his bad days weren't
that bad. Not so true in 2003. As riders age, recovery is one
of the first things to go (at least, so Museeuw said). He
might win, but it's also likely that when the end comes, it will
come without much warning.

I'm curious about budgets.

Is postal's budget like way bigger than everyone else's, meaning the
supporting riders are way better; meaning eki and
GH destroy all monsters who might oppose LA while everyone
else just can't compete on salary?

No, it isn't. It's one of the higher budgets, but there is
only about a factor of 2 between the smallest div 1 teams
and the biggest. Many of the others pay more than one star -
like Ullrich and Zabel. USPS concentrates on one race,
presumably in budget as in training.

An analysis of 2002 budgets:
http://www.cycling4all.com/a_efft02.php

Some 2004 budgets from http://www.velonews.com/tour2004/team/

BLB: 7.2M US$
CSC: 5.4 (really?? Barney Riis ought to write a Frugal Shopper column)
EE: 7.2
FDJ: 6.6
IBB: 6.6
LS: 7.2
PHO: 9.6
QSD: 9.6
RAB: 10.8
TMO: 14.4
USP: 9.0

Robert Chung gets a prize if he can deduce the Euro/USD ratio
that Velonews used, from these data alone.

Old July 9th 04, 11:08 AM
Stewart Fleming

Benjamin Weiner wrote:
remove the polite word to reply wrote:

i agree, but i see the situation as sixth is already won.
It's a little embarrassing with postal just destroying everyone in
every disdcipline.

That's absurd.
The situation was about the same last year after the TTT, BTW.

Regarding the TTT, if you disregard the Gewiss effort in 1995 (for
obvious reasons), the USPS in 2004 was the 2nd fastest, and the fastest
TTT over 50km in Tour history.

In fact, the T-Mobile effort this year was on the same par as the USPS
effort LAST year (52.77kph)

Old July 9th 04, 02:54 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On 9 Jul 2004 01:53:04 -0700, Benjamin Weiner wrote:
BLB: 7.2M US$
CSC: 5.4 (really?? Barney Riis ought to write a Frugal Shopper column)
EE: 7.2
FDJ: 6.6
IBB: 6.6
LS: 7.2
PHO: 9.6
QSD: 9.6
RAB: 10.8
TMO: 14.4
USP: 9.0

Robert Chung gets a prize if he can deduce the Euro/USD ratio
that Velonews used, from these data alone.

0.9 EUR/USD. Of course, this ratio should realy be expressed as
10/9 (or 1.11) USD/EUR.
Old July 9th 04, 05:19 PM
Appkiller

Do you have a stuttering problem, or some kind of typing tic?
Or is this just sort of a dimwit's attempt at shouting me down?

Passersby were amazed at the unusual quantities of blood.Passersby
were amazed at the unusual quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed
[...]

What do you think?

Best Regards,

App

Mayo commits a MAJOR faux paux!! Ronde Champ Racing 13 June 12th 04 02:17 AM
IBAN MAYO AndresMuro Racing 8 July 25th 03 12:33 AM
Lance / Mayo crash chronology, and pedal controversy MrBob Racing 6 July 22nd 03 10:49 PM
Iban Mayo is LA's only challenger Norm T Racing 35 July 17th 03 08:33 AM