Le Poseur

Old June 20th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Ozark Bicycle

Default Le Poseur

On Jun 19, 5:51 pm, rick wrote:
On Jun 19, 2:30 pm, Doug Taylor wrote:

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:57:08 -0700, rick wrote:
Okay, color me busted.

You're excused only if you discount your price by 25%

Your ideas are great, the graphics are very nice, the products look
fine. I have no idea what your overhead is, but your pricing is at
poseur level and poseurs don't have the sense of humor to buy a jersey
which busts them.

The rest of us who worship at your church are tapped out after
unloading on carbon and stupid light factory built wheelsets, and are
reduced to buying used clothing on ebay.

Man $74 relative to some of the other stuff in the catalogs (castelli,
assos) is a bargain! Okay though if you mention this usenet group I'll
add cap and water bottle to the order. Offer expires Sunday midnight
PDT.
-rick

How about extending that offer through July 4th?

Old June 20th 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
* * Chas

"Ozark Bicycle" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 19, 4:05 pm, datakoll wrote:
They are some pretty cool jersey designs, though; I particularly

like
the Poseur and the Doppler Shift ones.

$74!!!

Spend less on overpriced grease; save yer shekels for a cool
jersey. ;-)

No one on your coffee ride will ever know or care what kind of grease you
use - unless you put it in your hair - but they will be envious of your
duds....

Chas.

Old June 20th 07, 11:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Ozark Bicycle

On Jun 20, 1:11 am, "* * Chas" wrote:
"Ozark Bicycle" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 19, 4:05 pm, datakoll wrote:
They are some pretty cool jersey designs, though; I particularly

like
the Poseur and the Doppler Shift ones.

$74!!!

Spend less on overpriced grease; save yer shekels for a cool
jersey. ;-)

No one on your coffee ride will ever know or care what kind of grease you
use - unless you put it in your hair - but they will be envious of your
duds....

Very true; if yer gonna **** money down a rathole, ya might as well
have fun doing it.

Old June 20th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace

On Jun 20, 12:51 am, rick wrote:
Okay though if you mention this usenet group I'll
add cap and water bottle to the order. Offer expires Sunday midnight
PDT.

How can anyone be sure that you're not lying about this, too?

Old June 20th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Ozark Bicycle

On Jun 20, 6:18 am, wrote:
On Jun 20, 12:51 am, rick wrote:

Okay though if you mention this usenet group I'll
add cap and water bottle to the order. Offer expires Sunday midnight
PDT.

How can anyone be sure that you're not lying about this, too?

C'mon, give the guy give a break. Shilling and using paid 'helpers' to
create "buzz" is a common practice today. This guy was clumsy and got
bagged. BFD.

Old June 20th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
datakoll

WHY DO RIDERS PAY $80 for a tee shirt?

Old June 20th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Ozark Bicycle

On Jun 20, 8:41 am, datakoll wrote:
WHY DO RIDERS PAY $80 for a tee shirt?

Why do they pay $6.00 (or more) for 3.5oz. of *grease*??

Old June 20th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:41:01 -0000, datakoll
wrote:
WHY DO RIDERS PAY $80 for a tee shirt?

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...rId=1250022 6
$6.97 get em while they last
wicking with cotton comfort
Buy three, keep one for rainy DAY

--
JT
****************************
Old June 20th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Claire Petersky

wrote:
WHY DO RIDERS PAY $80 for a tee shirt?

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...rId=1250022 6
$6.97 get em while they last
wicking with cotton comfort
Buy three, keep one for rainy DAY

I bought a light merino wool ski sweater in a small-town thrift store last
week. See, I have this dumb idea that it's summer, so all I need is leg
warmers and a jacket over my shorts and ss jersey to go cycling, not my gd
woolens. It was so cold and rainy, after a couple of hours I began to go
hypothermic. The $2 sweater was a god-send. After I got home, I thought it
would make a really nice bicycling jersey, if only it had a zipper. So I
bought a zipper, and I plan to sew it in. So, I'll have a nice, soft, wool,
light-weight fully zippered jersey for $4. It makes the $125 (on sale!) one
I saw at the LBS seem like a total rip-off.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old June 20th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
datakoll

cycle formulated grease works 1000% more than auto grease due to the
temperature/speed/load matchups. I've extensively tested.

the thrifts in hi rent retirement areas or better!! poor area thrifts
adjacent hi rent areas consistently yield patagonia for $2.

there's a sewing post in archives under 'datatkoll'

lest you wonder wether other people read this BS, right ? - paddling
news (and the lizard doing the downunder) awaited-

http://www.paddling.net/store/showTops.html

Le Poseur [email protected] General 72 June 22nd 07 05:10 AM
Le Poseur Ozark Bicycle Techniques 42 June 22nd 07 04:31 AM
Le Poseur Ozark Bicycle Rides 42 June 22nd 07 04:31 AM
Le Poseur Ozark Bicycle Techniques 13 June 22nd 07 01:00 AM
From wannabe to poseur -- My New Coker! BraveSirStupid Unicycling 20 June 26th 06 11:17 PM