McQuaid Keeps Talking!

Old September 28th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Hobbes@spnb&s.com

Default McQuaid Keeps Talking!

Here he is talking about the pledge, Riders Commitment to a New Cycling.

"This document offered to the cyclists an opportunity to give their personal
engagement against doping. Whether they signed it or not did not at the end of
the day matter [as regards their participation]. But from the point of view of
the UCI, we are obviously very concerned that some riders have not signed it."

So is this like the story the Japanese fighter pilot told, how one day there was
an announcement that "everyone volunteering for kamikaze duty should write his
name on a piece of paper and hand it to his commanding officer. Anyone not
wanting to volunteer is to write his name on a piece of paper and hand it to his
commanding officer."
Old September 28th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message

[...]

Precisely. Too bad that the riders are in such a poor negotiating state of
mind.

Old September 28th 07, 09:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

* "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com a écrit profondement:

| Precisely. Too bad that the riders are in such a poor negotiating
| state of mind.

Well they might straighten up their backbones after they digest the
the "New and Improved Pro-Tour"

I just got an Urgent Dispatch that indicates that "The Tour Down
Under" had got the Thumbs Up from the organizers in OZ

And Marca this morning (I'm actually in Spain right now) is listing
the following

ProTour 2008
January 22 - 27 Tour Down Under (Aus)
April 6 Ronde van Vlaanderen / Tour des Flandres (Bel)
April 7 - April 12 Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco (Spa)
April 9 Gent-Wevelgem (Bel)
April 20 Amstel Gold Race (Ned)
April 29 - May 4 Tour de Romandie (Swi)
May 19 - 25 Volta a Catalunya (Spa)
June 8 - 15 Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré (Fra)
June 14 - June 22 Tour de Suisse (Swi)
June 22 Team Time Trial (Ned)
August 2 Clasica Ciclista San Sebastian - San Sebastian (Spa)
August 20 - 27 Eneco Tour (Bel, Ned, Lux)
August 25 GP Ouest France - Plouay (Fra)
August 29 - September 6 Deutschland Tour (Ger)
September 7 Vattenfall Cyclassics (Ger)
September 15 - 21 Tour de Pologne (Pol)
October 5 Finale (TBD)

World calendar - Not ProTour
July 5 - 27 Tour de France (Fra) ??XXX NO GIRO/VUELTA XXX??
August 13 Olympic Games Road Race (Chi)
August 9 Olympic Games Time Trial (Chi)
September 25 World Championships Time Trial (Ita)
September 28 World Championships Road Race (Ita)

Europe Tour NEW EVENTS (SIC - that's how it translates)
March 9 - 16 Paris - Nice (Fra) HC
March 12 - 18 Tirreno - Adriatico (Ita) HC
March 22 Milano - Sanremo (Ita)
April 13 Paris - Roubaix (Fra)
April 23 La Flèche Wallonne (Bel) HC
April 27 Liège - Bastogne - Liège (Bel)
May 10 - June 1 Giro d'Italia (Ita)
August 30 - September 21 Vuelta a España (Spa)
October 12 Paris - Tours (Fra) HC
October 18 Giro di Lombardia (Ita)

Unless Marca got it wrong, the Giro and Vuelta must be downgraded to
"National" or "Continental" Tours

Meanwhile McBoggy, the UCI Generaloberst, continues to make ridiculous
statements and rulings (cf the Worlds Fiasco), and peer lecherously at
Susanne Eisenmann knockerz and wonder how he can **** her both
physically and metaphorically.

On PADDY McBoggy, I think it's High Time that somebody called the
PADDY Wagon and hauled him off - or better still called a Padded
Ambulance for a One-Way trip to the Funny Farm as he's so obviously a
Couple of Bricks Short of a Full Load.

He totally fails to see what an unenviable position the UCI is in. As
I've mentioned before, it's only a short step for the Giro/Tour/Vuelta
organizers to demand that riders in their events _not_ be in
possession of a UCI affiliate license, or alternatively be in
possession of a Special Giro/Tour/Vuelta "Passport" which would in
either instance leave the UCI Dangling in the Breeze

Sheesh, World Championship or not, in my day not a single rider would
have moved when they dropped the Start Flag until Bettini, Valverde,
Di Luca and the rest were lined up on the Front Row.

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old September 28th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Davey Crockett" wrote in message
> [...]

physically and metaphorically.

On PADDY McBoggy, I think it's High Time that somebody called the
PADDY Wagon and hauled him off - or better still called a Padded
Ambulance for a One-Way trip to the Funny Farm as he's so obviously a
Couple of Bricks Short of a Full Load.

He totally fails to see what an unenviable position the UCI is in. As
I've mentioned before, it's only a short step for the Giro/Tour/Vuelta
organizers to demand that riders in their events _not_ be in
possession of a UCI affiliate license, or alternatively be in
possession of a Special Giro/Tour/Vuelta "Passport" which would in
either instance leave the UCI Dangling in the Breeze

Sheesh, World Championship or not, in my day not a single rider would
have moved when they dropped the Start Flag until Bettini, Valverde,
Di Luca and the rest were lined up on the Front Row.

Let's not forget that it is the riders and teams bowing to the UCI, ASO,
WADA and such that is at the heart of this problem. These people have gotten
power crazy to the extent that they sit upon their thrones and case
judgments as if they were kings of old.

Imagine the finding in Landis' case! They all admit that the tests were
deplorably done and wouldn't be positive in the judgment of anyone of real
knowledge and IN THE FUTURE they'd probably discount them but THIS time
they'll let it stand!

I'm done with professional racing. I will no longer follow the races, buy
anything related to the races or any bicycle manufacturer who continues to
support that farce or in any way support professional level racing unless
and until everyone who presently is in the UCI leaves and someone who has at
least a clue takes over.

Old September 28th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frank Drackman

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message

I'm done with professional racing. I will no longer follow the races, buy
anything related to the races or any bicycle manufacturer who continues to
support that farce or in any way support professional level racing unless
and until everyone who presently is in the UCI leaves and someone who has
at least a clue takes over.

Are you going to continue to post to bicycle racing newsgroups?

Time for McQuaid to eat his words ... Sandy Racing 16 May 29th 07 10:29 AM
If only ...(McQuaid) bdbafh Racing 1 October 30th 06 04:57 PM
Is McQuaid crazy ? Keith Racing 0 October 22nd 06 12:15 PM
Is McQuaid waivering? mtb Dad Racing 2 August 29th 06 11:40 PM
McQuaid on safety Bestest Handsander Racing 2 April 11th 06 10:01 PM