Cyclist hunted for stabbing of prostitute in Ilford

Old November 5th 13, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclist hunted for stabbing of prostitute in Ilford

Sharpened screwdriver, perhaps?
Detectives today released the CCTV images of a man seen close to Mariana
at the time she was attacked at about 12.15am on October 29.

The CCTV images show the man buying goods at a local garage just 10
minutes before the attack and then cycling away from the scene
immediately afterwards.

Police believe the man spent three to five minutes chatting to Ms Popa
as they walked down the street before the assault.

DCI Stewart added: “At this moment we have no obvious motive for the
attack.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...n-8921788.html
Old November 5th 13, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_12_]

On 05/11/2013 13:13, Mrcheerful wrote:
Sharpened screwdriver, perhaps?
Detectives today released the CCTV images of a man seen close to Mariana
at the time she was attacked at about 12.15am on October 29.

The CCTV images show the man buying goods at a local garage just 10
minutes before the attack and then cycling away from the scene
immediately afterwards.

Police believe the man spent three to five minutes chatting to Ms Popa
as they walked down the street before the assault.

DCI Stewart added: “At this moment we have no obvious motive for the
attack.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...n-8921788.html

Makes a change from lorry drivers, I suppose.
Old November 6th 13, 07:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Brian Robertson" wrote in message ...

On 05/11/2013 13:13, Mrcheerful wrote:
Sharpened screwdriver, perhaps?
Detectives today released the CCTV images of a man seen close to Mariana
at the time she was attacked at about 12.15am on October 29.

The CCTV images show the man buying goods at a local garage just 10
minutes before the attack and then cycling away from the scene
immediately afterwards.

Police believe the man spent three to five minutes chatting to Ms Popa
as they walked down the street before the assault.

DCI Stewart added: “At this moment we have no obvious motive for the
attack.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...n-8921788.html

Makes a change from lorry drivers, I suppose.

No, doesn't happen. Cyclists would never attempt to stab a lorry driver -
there's too much of a chance they would fight back. Women and children only
is their mantra.

Old November 6th 13, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, 6 November 2013 07:17:10 UTC, Tarcap wrote:
"Brian Robertson" wrote in message ...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...n-8921788.html

Makes a change from lorry drivers, I suppose.

No, doesn't happen. Cyclists would never attempt to stab a lorry driver -
there's too much of a chance they would fight back. Women and children only
is their mantra.

I expect they'd make an exception in your case.
Old November 6th 13, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

wrote in message

On Wednesday, 6 November 2013 07:17:10 UTC, Tarcap wrote:
"Brian Robertson" wrote in message ...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...n-8921788.html

Makes a change from lorry drivers, I suppose.

No, doesn't happen. Cyclists would never attempt to stab a lorry driver -
there's too much of a chance they would fight back. Women and children
only
is their mantra.

I expect they'd make an exception in your case.

You appear to be advising me to start randomly mowing down cyclists, then,
just in case they do?
Some sort of Phil Lee's pre-emptive defence, perhaps?
Thanks for your welcome advice.