GCHQ out of control under Tories

Old February 6th 15, 04:59 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default GCHQ out of control under Tories

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015 08:51:39 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Friday, 6 February 2015 16:26:42 UTC, Special Care wrote:
The media silence on Menwith Hill in recent years has been quite deliberate, as the truth about what goes on at Menwith Hill is mind boggling and arouses indignation to put it politely.

You out there can forget about it, but from high ground or high buildings in Harrogate we see the giant 'golf balls,' so we can't forget it.
We feel a sense of violation when we have to drive up north as the route takes us along England's only international frontier - the border between England and USA's colony in Yorkshire....
http://cryptome.org/jya/echelon-dc.htm

I went around Menwith Hill in 1998 for a July 4 celebration event. I used to take the kids to little pockets of the USA in the UK, such a RAF Chicksands, RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath each July 4.

I am surprised you managed to do all of them in a single day.

Were you on bikes - or in your car?

Old February 7th 15, 06:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

The media silence on Menwith Hill in recent years has been quite deliberate, as the truth about what goes on at Menwith Hill is mind boggling and arouses indignation to put it politely.

You out there can forget about it, but from high ground or high buildings in Harrogate we see the giant 'golf balls,' so we can't forget it.
We feel a sense of violation when we have to drive up north as the route takes us along England's only international frontier - the border between England and USA's colony in Yorkshire....
http://cryptome.org/jya/echelon-dc.htm

I went around Menwith Hill in 1998 for a July 4 celebration event. I used to take the kids to little pockets of the USA in the UK, such a RAF Chicksands, RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath each July 4.

I am surprised you managed to do all of them in a single day.

Were you on bikes - or in your car?

I'm all for cultural diversity between countries _when it exists_. If it doesn't exist then it needs to be invented.

For example, in _Timberland Tales_ Maurice, the Indian boy, went to a tribal ceremony to become a man. From the back lighting Maurice can see the silhouettes of the braves suspended upside down by wires wrapped around their scrotums. Maurice turns to his friend and says, "I tink I'm going to hold off awhile before I become a man."

A social advantage like this might be pretty popular with UK women.

Old February 7th 15, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.gardening
judith

On Fri, 06 Feb 2015 22:29:23 -0800, Bret Cahill wrote:

I'm all for cultural diversity between countries _when it exists_. If
it doesn't exist then it needs to be invented.

For example, in _Timberland Tales_ Maurice, the Indian boy, went to a
tribal ceremony to become a man. From the back lighting Maurice can see
the silhouettes of the braves suspended upside down by wires wrapped
around their scrotums. Maurice turns to his friend and says, "I tink
I'm going to hold off awhile before I become a man."

A wonderful image - thanks for sharing that.

I haven't go so excited since Cwispin told us:

"The image of you squatting on your car bonnet, and using your gyrating
labia to wash the windscreen while taking a leak is particularly
delicious - especially for any person fortunate enough to be
sitting inside the car."