Any DC area RBMers riding BikeDC?

Old August 8th 03, 10:51 PM
Luigi de Guzman

Default Any DC area RBMers riding BikeDC?

Any DC area RBMers riding Bike DC on the 20th of September?

I'll be riding into the district from Fairfax *early* that morning, so
if anybody from the Fairfax area's going to be riding into the event
(the Metro doesn't run that early, and you're cowards if you
drive....) we could probably get a BikeBus thingie going. especially
if someone knows a good route in.

Ten thousand bicycles, and an assload of novices, yeah I know.
Probably not going to be the greatest example of road manners or
bikehandling (and I'm not the exemplar of bikehandling either). But
it looks like it'll be a good laugh, and I'd been thinking of joining
WABA for a while...and this seemed like a good time to do it and have
a good day out while I was at it.

-Luigi
Old August 9th 03, 12:57 AM
Eric S. Sande

Any DC area RBMers riding Bike DC on the 20th of September?

I'll probably be there. Anyway, today by midnight Eastern is the
registration deadline to get a ride packet and number in the mail,
so http://www.waba.org is the place to go.

I'm not a member of WABA nor is this a solicitation for BikeDC.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old August 9th 03, 02:45 AM
Zoot Katz

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:57:16 -0400, ,
"Eric S. Sande" wrote:

Any DC area RBMers riding Bike DC on the 20th of September?

I'll probably be there.

You gonna stop for red lights?
--
zk
Old August 9th 03, 03:11 AM
Eric S. Sande

You gonna stop for red lights?

OK, no I don't plan to. It's a completely closed course with police
traffic control. I don't normally get that so I figure it's worth a
shot. As Luigi says it's supposed to be more of a party.

I hope they sweep the Douglass bridge first, the last time I was
on that thing it was broken pavement central. I plan to ride the
XXX bike with XXX tires, that should give me an advantage.

Also my strategy will be to XXX it early, then XXX at the XXX turn,
therefore giving me an advantage at XXX.

All I have to do is ride normally and stay focused.

Most of the other riders will be from out of town, and Luigi
will be tired from his long ride in.

--

------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------