Bike-a-thon today, crashed by Unis!

Old September 29th 03, 06:01 AM
chirokid

Default Bike-a-thon today, crashed by Unis!

My girls and I participated in a St. Jude's Bike-a-thon today. Great
fun was had by all, but we were the STARS of the event. My 11, 8 and 5
year old daughters, as well as myself, did the event on our unicycles.
This event only requires you to ride a mile. So, after the short
ride, the girls and I had tons of fun riding our unicycles around the
starting point.
Several folks tried to ride my Muni. My brother could ride 50 feet
or so, about 25 years ago. After helping him mount, he actually rode
for 5 or 6 feet. I loved seeing him ride.
Two different parents asked me where they could get their child a
unicycle. I wonder if John will send me a "Thank You for the Referral"
note.
Personally, I had a great time today. I was riding off 10" drops,
which amazed everyone. (Not much for most of you guy and gals, but
these people loved it) Then I side hopped for 20 feet up a hill (BTW,
this is my first side hopping success). It was only a mild hill, I
could have easily ridden up, but I was successful nevertheless.
I then rode up and down some very steep grassy banks. These Muni's
really are great.
Lastly, I was getting the best height I have ever attained while
hopping. Several times I was at least 10 or 12 inches off the ground.
Yippeee, watch our Kris, here I come . Not to change to subject, but
I have lost 22 pounds (hopefully of fat) in the last 29 days, so that
might be helping my jumping height a little bit too!
Now all I need is a digital camera, so I can share some pics of my
girls and I riding. Dear Santa... --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"That wascally wabbit wan off with a wobble of one wheelers" E. Fud
Original prose by UniBrier
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old September 29th 03, 09:48 AM
GILD

chirokid wrote:
*My girls and I participated in a St. Jude's Bike-a-thon today. *

i just realised one of the more amazing aspects of unicycling must be
the fact that the xtreem hardcore sidewalk churners and the gentle
family groups both represent unicycling equally accurately

and will probably be able to hang out in peace despite the 'obvious'
differences

this makes me smile

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

'this will only take a minute...(fixed)'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm)
'and while u're in a good-deed-doing-mood...'
(http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com.)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Old September 30th 03, 08:23 AM
daino149

That is absolutely awesome, and coincidental. As it turns out, I also
rode in a bike ride yesterday (the same day). I'm just too tired to
write about it. You'll hear about my ride in an upcoming post.

Congratulations on your ride!

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

A One That Isn't Cold Is Scardely A One At All

Old October 1st 03, 05:35 AM
chirokid

Thanks for the nice comments guys. It really was great riding as a
family on the Unicycles. --chiorkid--