V brakes and drops

Old March 7th 04, 10:59 PM
Steve Watkin

Default V brakes and drops

How do I get this combination to work?

Old March 7th 04, 11:11 PM
Simonb

"Steve Watkin" wrote in message
How do I get this combination to work?

You need QBP 'Travel Agents':

http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/...Brakes_95.html (bottom of
page)

See article here on drops/v-brake combo (mentions Travel Agent as well as
Dia Compe brakes designed for the job):

http://www.phred.org/~alex/bikes/brakes.html

Simon

Old March 7th 04, 11:14 PM
Simonb

http://www.phred.org/~alex/bikes/brakes.html

Or just use cantis as suggested in the article (which I've just read again).
Or mix the two -- which is what I do.

Simon

Old March 8th 04, 09:05 AM
Steve Watkin

Any body got a set of these levers for sale?

Old March 8th 04, 09:15 AM
Colin Blackburn

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 23:11:44 -0000, Simonb
wrote:

"Steve Watkin" wrote in message
How do I get this combination to work?

You need QBP 'Travel Agents':

http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/...Brakes_95.html
(bottom of
page)

See article here on drops/v-brake combo (mentions Travel Agent as well as
Dia Compe brakes designed for the job):

http://www.phred.org/~alex/bikes/brakes.html

An option not mentioned in this article is that of mini-V-brakes. These
are designed to work with less cable pull and so need no adapters to work
with standard drops. Tektro do one of these and I think there is another
brand out there. They were, a few months ago at least, very difficult to
get hold of. My LBS failed to get a pair because even the official
distributors (Raleigh) didn't know what they were---they are in their
catalogue! They were reviewed in C+ (positively) a few months ago and in
Cycle (negatively) a couple of months ago.

Colin
Old March 8th 04, 12:45 PM
Dave Larrington

Steve Watkin wrote:

Any body got a set of these levers for sale?

http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?cat25.htm - about halfway down.
I've got them on my tourer. Work OK though the cable seems to need
tightening about every third day.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old March 8th 04, 07:08 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 23:11:44 -0000, "Simonb"
wrote in message
:

You need QBP 'Travel Agents':

Or Dia Compe V-brake compatible drop-=bar levers

--
Guy
===