Are you 45+

Old July 29th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholmer

Default Are you 45+

I have had the 29 for a while, and I feel I handle it just fine on the
roads, but I need my truck to get on it! I can mount my 24 just fine,
which is why I ride that all the time. I am not sure if I can use my
same "step down/back with my right pedal" mount for my 29....I may need
to try the jump moving forward way of getting on? Truth is, I have not
dedicated alot of time, it is easier to just grab my 24" and now worry
about walking it home Thanks for the advice!

--
tholmer

Old July 29th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ian.stockwell

tholmer wrote:
"step down/back with my right pedal" mount for my 29....I may need to
try the jump moving forward way of getting on?

I think you're talking about the roll-back mount, which i the only one
I can do.
What length of cranks have you got on the 29", as I've found that they
affect my ability to free mount more than the size of the uni.
I can mount my 26" muni very regularly which has 150's.
I have the same length on my coker which I can mount about 50% of the
time after a couple of minutes practice. However I recently tried some
125's on the coker and although I really liked the way they felt in
motion, my free-mount success rate dropped to about 5%.
A couple of times I got several miles from home only to UPD and get so
frustrated I nearly threw the thing in a ditch. I had to resort to
field gates and lamp posts to get me going again.
By the way I am only 5' 6", with short legs, so if I can make it up
onto a coker, most others should be able to.

--
ian.stockwell

All generalisations are dangerous, even this one.
Old July 30th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

tholmer wrote:
I have had the 29 for a while, and I feel I handle it just fine on the
roads, but I need my truck to get on it! I can mount my 24 just fine,
which is why I ride that all the time. I am not sure if I can use my
same "step down/back with my right pedal" mount for my 29....I may need
to try the jump moving forward way of getting on? Truth is, I have not
dedicated alot of time, it is easier to just grab my 24" and now worry
about walking it home Thanks for the advice!

You can use the same technique to get on this. Just JUMP a bit more.
You can do this! Don't let the uni beat you! I know it can be
frustrating. Have you looked at Muniaddict's youtube tutorial on
mounting his 36? Same technique applies.

--
rem48
Old July 30th 08, 09:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

rem48 wrote:
Have you looked at Muniaddict's youtube tutorial on mounting his 36?
Same technique applies.

A new one coming soon! My first "Coker-torial" with in depth, step by
step mounting techniques and other useful stuff.

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old July 30th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BurnerDave

Tholmer,
After learning to freemount my 24", it took a fraction of the time to
learn to freemount my 29". It was so high I couldn't commit to jumping
on and leaning forward!
So I practiced a few times while holding onto a rail with one hand.
That worked and I got my first unassisted freemount on the 29" after 15
minutes.
For me, it is still easier to freemount using 150 cranks than 125s, but
I use the 125s most of the time. I use a static mount for both.

--
BurnerDave

Dave

This is me, this is my video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cz62gzgdGos
Old July 30th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

MuniAddict wrote:
A new one coming soon! My first "Coker-torial" with in depth, step by
step mounting techniques and other useful stuff.

don't forget analytic slow motion: I am still missing 2 freemounts out
of 3 on the Coker. (many reasonsart psychological -I am sometimes
"shy"-, part technical -if I don't hit the front pedal in an exact
position I am unable to get sufficient momentum-, part physical -I
suffer from orthostatic "black veil" if I jump too abruptly-.

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity