Thanks for NAUCC 2003!

Old August 14th 03, 04:21 AM
Gilby

Default Thanks for NAUCC 2003!

zod wrote:
*The SouthEast would be nice next year (hint hint hint) *

Sounds like we have a new host.

--
Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Old August 14th 03, 10:32 AM
Tmornstar

Oh goodie! I love Atlanta! I'm sure that their newly forming unicycle
club would just LOVE to jump right in and host this event.

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Old August 14th 03, 01:11 PM
zod

Atlanta would be nice, but I was thinking about the Appalachians so we
could do some REAL mUni riding. A town like Asheville NC would be more
than big enough to host it PLUS they have a HUGE biking community and
some of the best riding on the East Coast is just a stones throw from
the city. The town in general and the surrounding area is very proactive
when it comes to sports and nature. I think it would be a big hit if
hosted there.

Here is the last event that was hosted the
http://www.mountainsportsfestival.com/

Here are some pics of freeriding at that event:
http://tinyurl.com/jzzs

I'm telling ya, Asheville would rock!

zod (official spokesperson for the South East)

--
zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)

iunicycle wrote:
*Putting it back in is harder than pulling it out*

zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

Old August 14th 03, 03:10 PM
Tmornstar

No doubt Ashville, N.C. would be a great venue but you need a large
cadre of volunteers to put on a show like this. Generally, bike folks
wouldn't give of their time to put on somebody else's show. Seriously,
I do believe that it is going ot have to be a large, well established
club that can follow the act that we saw in Minneapolis this year.

Old August 14th 03, 03:23 PM
zod

A boy can dream Tommy, a boy can dream

Sometimes I think I am the only unicyclist in North Carolina

--
zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)

Old August 14th 03, 05:02 PM
Tmornstar

I'd love an excuse to go to Asheville! Perhaps one could get the
convention and visitor's folks involved and it could happen without a
large club membership. I'd love for the MUC to host but I look around
at our meetings and I see (a few) folks that are already
too-over-extended and then think about what a great job TCUC did. Whoa!
What an act to follow! I'd love to present a regional event as a
warm-up to hosting a national event.

Currently I'm working on organizing and presenting a regional, weekend,
freestyle workshop. Details to follow.

Tommy