Bikes I remember owning

Old April 10th 05, 06:14 PM
Gooserider

1) A red tricycle(didn't we all)
2) A Big Wheel
3) A Marx Green Machine---the coolest thing ever! Loved doing spinouts in
the driveway.
4) Some generic bike shaped toy with hard plastic tires.
5) A tiny red Schwinn with chainguard and apehanger type bars.
6) A Sears chopper bike with a really long fork
7) A Schwinn 3 speed that we mounted with drop bars. My first taste of a
real bike.
8) A Raleigh Wyoming touring bike. Got it at 14 and rode it all across the
state of Louisiana.
9) Diamondback Access rigid MTB(circa 1988), complete with Biopace.
10) Mongoose Rockadile SX(pre-Mart era). Polished aluminum frame---rode it
until the headset wore out and I broke the headtube. Learned to be better
about maintaining my bikes.
11) KHS Aero Turbo--eBay purchase. Nice light bike but the geometry too crit
specific and it beat me to death.
12) Schwinn Peloton--stripped the KHS and put the parts on this 853 steel
frame, made all the difference.
13) Supergo Access MTB--built up with the Mongoose parts. Nice frame for the
price.
14) Ibex Corrida flat bar road bike. Got it at a 50% discount and it's been
a great townie/grocery getter/commuter.

Next to join the stable will be a Rivendell. I had my heart set on a custom,
but I'm actually leaning toward an Atlantis.

Old April 10th 05, 10:56 PM
Ken

"Gooserider" wrote in message
. ..
1) A red tricycle(didn't we all)
2) A Big Wheel
3) A Marx Green Machine---the coolest thing ever! Loved doing spinouts in
the driveway.

Oh yeah I forgot about mine like the *green machine*!

[...]

I have been hearing alot about Ibex, but probably too pricey for me.

Old April 11th 05, 12:48 AM
Gooserider

"Ken" wrote in message

"Gooserider" wrote in message
. ..
1) A red tricycle(didn't we all)
2) A Big Wheel
3) A Marx Green Machine---the coolest thing ever! Loved doing spinouts

in
the driveway.

Oh yeah I forgot about mine like the *green machine*!

Huffy reissued it last year. Too bad I'm too big for it or I'd buy one
again. :-)
14) Ibex Corrida flat bar road bike. Got it at a 50% discount and it's

been
a great townie/grocery getter/commuter.

I have been hearing alot about Ibex, but probably too pricey for me.

What kind of bike are you seeking? Ibex is very affordable, and I've been
pleased with mine. I got it at the end of the year and paid $299. Normal
list was $600. I think they have road bikes with downtube shifters for less
than $600.

Old April 11th 05, 01:31 PM
Ken

"Gooserider" wrote in message
.. .

"Ken" wrote in message

[...]

Well I just looked at the ibex website, and I thought I had read that they
were more in the price range of a serotta. But if the entry level bike 3300
classic? starts at $399 that is a good starting point for someone like me to
get into a better bike.
Ken

Old April 11th 05, 11:33 PM
Gooserider

"Ken" wrote in message

[...]

Oh no, they're nowhere near Serotta. They're generic Taiwanese frames, but
that's way better than Chinese or a 'mart bike. :-)

Old April 12th 05, 11:27 AM
Ken

"Ken" wrote in message

[...]

Well better than a *mart* bike! Thats not saying much!
But they *look* okay.
Ken

Design News article about bikes [email protected] Techniques 8 January 14th 05 01:07 PM
Truss instead of tube in bicycle frame? Rado bladteth Rzeznicki Techniques 55 November 7th 04 07:37 AM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM