Brake for a KH 24

Old February 24th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timbob1907

Default Brake for a KH 24

Will this brake fit on a KH 24?
'Webcyclery' (http://tinyurl.com/yootqw)
Is there any thing that i could do to make it fit or things that i need
to buy.
Help Please
I really need to know what would work and dont really want to spend
$200

--
timbob1907

forrestunifreak wrote:
I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but it wouldn't
matter anyway.

fluxusmaximus wrote:
It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal
object.

(\_/)
O 0
()This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way
to world domination.
'CarbonFibreSeat!'
timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425

Old February 24th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

You need the other kind of brake mounts. I think the evolution mounts
are for putting maguras on v brake mounts. I know Darren has the other
kind, I will look on webcyclery to see if they do too. The kind you
need look similar to uni bearing holders.

Yeah, I have never seen anyone hold the handle and brake lever with
different hands. You usually have your hand on the handles and a few
fingers on the brake lever.

Edit, you need 'these' (http://tinyurl.com/yvras7) mounts.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com

Im messing with it again!!!
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old February 24th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timbob1907

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
You need the other kind of brake mounts. I think the evolution mounts
are for putting maguras on v brake mounts. I know Darren has the other
kind, I will look on webcyclery to see if they do too. The kind you
need look similar to uni bearing holders.

Yeah, I have never seen anyone hold the handle and brake lever with
different hands. You usually have your hand on the handles and a few
fingers on the brake lever.

Edit, you need 'these' (http://tinyurl.com/yvras7) mounts.

Darren already gave me those on my last order for free. I know nothing
about breaks so will those mounts work on that brake or do i need a
different style or something.

--
timbob1907

Old February 24th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

timbob1907 wrote:
Darren already gave me those on my last order for free. I know nothing
about breaks so will those mounts work on that brake or do i need a
different style or something.

Edit: okay you know that round part on the brake that is supposed to
fit on the handle bars of a bike? well will they fit on 'this'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=908) sort of thing?
also 'this:' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=516) I
know it fits but does bedford have any of these two devices?

The mounts Darren gave you are designed specifically for that brake,
they will fit it just fine.

The KH 24 already has a mounting tube for the brake handle underneath
the saddle, so you won't need the first of those two links. The brake
extender (second link) is a personal choice thing, I don't use one but
depending on how you like to have the brake mounted and how big your
hands are you might need one. Incidentally sets of brakes sell on ebay
often and very cheap, might be worth looking for a second hand set to
save some money.

--
kington99

Dave

Old February 25th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkittle

kington99 wrote:
Incidentally sets of brakes sell on ebay often and very cheap, might be
worth looking for a second hand set to save some money.

Two other places to check besides eBay: Craigslist often has great
second-hand bike parts, and 'observedtrials.net'
(http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7) has a buy-sell
forum that features maguras for sale pretty regularly (and for
reasonable prices).

--
pkittle

*==========================
Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg
==========================*
pkittle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12111

Old February 25th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

I posted a few months ago concerning brakes.
Go to Bikedock and order the MISSION 4 BOLT V BRAKE ADAPTOR.

Then you can put any V-brake on your Uni. V-brakes provide more than
enough braking power and are much much cheaper than Magura brakes. In
addition you don't have to continuously bleed the lines. Magura brakes
are expensive to buy and upkeep. Go with the V-brakes.

http://www.bikedock.com/posit/shop/search.php

I would suggest that the major Unicycle manufacturers start
manufacturing frames with V-brake posts intead of 4 bolt foundations.

Unicorn

|Filename: V-BrakeAdaptorMount.jpg |

Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801

Old February 25th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Unicorn wrote:
Then you can put any V-brake on your Uni. V-brakes provide more than
enough braking power and are much much cheaper than Magura brakes. In
addition you don't have to continuously bleed the lines. Magura brakes
are expensive to buy and upkeep. Go with the V-brakes.
/QUOTE]

You don't have to continuously bleed maguras, infact you only have to
bleed them when you change the length of the pipes. My entire upkeep
cost for 2 years has been zero.

--
kington99

Dave

Old February 25th 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

If you do any kind of hard abusive riding the lines of the magura get
cut, scratched, twisted and banged up pretty bad. I found that the
V-brake was more than enough without the expense or hassle of a
Magura.

Unicorn

Old February 25th 07, 09:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

i would put a v brake on my 36" nimbus but apparently it doesnt fit.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900