Post Your Unis Here!

Old March 13th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniDudeDX

Default Post Your Unis Here!

I got it down pretty good....
its touching on the back two and slightly not on the front 2...
i feel its good enough.
and if i decide to drill not will those marks change if i decide to
sand it down more???

--
UniDudeDX

'My Youtube Profile!' (http://youtube.com/profile?user=unidudedx)

Naomi wrote:
trying to attach a picture of the tree, before it was circumsized.

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

UniDudeDx wrote:
Its Here!!!!!!!
But Its A Miyata I Think...

thats what im talking bout...
the foam doesnt even match the sides of the foam... like the base is
too high.....

Crap.

I just figured out that my UDC CF base, which I got for christmas, is
most definitely a miyata style aswell. And I've already got several of
the holes drilled and squared.

I'd noticed the handle and bumper didn't fit too well, and the sides
were higher, but I just figured it was poor quality control or
something from whoever made it. I didn't think that it would be the
wrong style base. I hadn't put any foam on it yet to see what that was
like.

But just now after reading all this I dug out an old Torker LX seat and
that confirmed it. The LX handle and bumper fit on it just fine, but
the KH ones are tight.
This sucks. I hate LX/miyata saddles. I don't know what I'm going to
do.

Funny though, mine doesn't have those weird indentations in the back
like those in your pictures... what's up with that?

--
forrestunifreak

I will, because I can.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

Joe "Hodgekins" wrote:
Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

forrestunifreak wrote:
This sucks. I hate LX/miyata saddles. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Don't worry about it, once you get the KH cover tightened down and try
and fit the handle over the cover both the handle and the foam should
be fine. If not just pop a few washers in there.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://projectuni.com/#lightbox3)-* - Join the 'discussion.'
(http://www.projectuni.com/forum)
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jkohse

the new beast...

starting to ride a new style these days.

after seeing a movie called "Crux", ryan leech video. I kinda wanted a
change. so im starting up with trials again but adding a manifesto/
street style to it.

p.s. im really impressed with the nimbus..

|Filename: unimine.jpg |

Jkohse

www.jkohse.wordpress.com
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

Brian O. wrote:
Don't worry about it, once you get the KH cover tightened down and try
and fit the handle over the cover both the handle and the foam should
be fine. If not just pop a few washers in there.

I know, but I want it all to work and fit together like it's supposed
to. I don't want to have to -make- it fit....

Man, no wonder I was having so much trouble trying to align the handle
and bumper and all that.
I was literally planning on making a complaint thread saying the KH
style CF base was poorly made and didn't fit well.

hey UniDudeDX, did you specify between KH or Miyata when you order
yours? My parents ordered mine, and I'm not sure what they did. I'm
just wondering if this is UDC's fault, or a mix up when we placed the
order, or what...

Old March 13th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

forrestunifreak wrote:
hey UniDudeDX, did you specify between KH or Miyata when you order
yours? My parents ordered mine, and I'm not sure what they did. I'm
just wondering if this is UDC's fault, or a mix up when we placed the
order, or what...

He posted a screenshot of his order receipt and it says KH style on it.

Old March 13th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Forrest - I thought the red hub was only comparable to the UDC CroMo hub
in terms of strength Or is it just for XC?

Pdougherty wrote:
This thread has digressed....

How about you guys move to 'this ' (http://tinyurl.com/2wcgbe)thread?

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 09:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Brian O. wrote:
Thats why I said they would only refund if its actually what he
ordered.

Also, Jerrick, I thought you said there was no reason to get a CF base?
You just need proper form right? Isn't that what you said?

unidude I'd just go for it. The foam really isn't an issue. Like you
said, once you tighten down the cover theres no problem with it.

Wow. Whats with the little attack there?

I didnt say there is no reason for a CF base. I remember mentioning
there isnt always a need to rush towards a CF base so Quickly. I also
didnt say proper form wouldnt just fix everything, but it would
preserve parts longer than it would compared to a bad form.

Perfect example (In both drops im standing, and when landing I dont
just drop right onto the base, but lower down after I land and do a rev
or two). I do a 5 foot drop, and tense my arm up a lot, upon landing,
tons of weight from my arm is shoved into the nose of the saddle, and
it snaps. Now, same 5 foot drop, this time my arm isnt tense and its
jsut there to just keep the saddle under me, and I allow my upper body
to flex down and rebound back up. The base doesnt flex and I can still
ride.

So do you still have a problem with me wanting a CF base? I know we all
agreed that a CF takes away the risk of really breaking one when you
mess up on a trick or just land badly. So I dont really get what you
were trying to prove there, if anything.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

skilewis74 wrote:
Forrest - I thought the red hub was only comparable to the UDC CroMo hub
in terms of strength Or is it just for XC?

No no, this is a different Red Hub. The one you're thinking of is the
square taper kind, they've now switched the red hub over to ISIS
splined, which is starting to become more of a standard interface.

ISIS is pretty strong, it's what KH and Koxx-1 uses. Qu-Ax is also
making a heavy duty ISIS hub now(Yellow). The Qu-Ax -red- ISIS hub is
lighter and therefore probably weaker, although I've heard of people
doing some pretty good drops on them without any damage.
I'll definitely be using it for much more then XC.

How about you guys move to 'this ' (http://tinyurl.com/2wcgbe)thread?

Good idea...

freestyle unis sp4rky-m4rky Unicycling 0 June 4th 07 08:56 PM
Adjustment of Post Moderne shock absorbing seat post Beaters Techniques 2 June 14th 05 05:22 PM
How many unis? paul_g Unicycling 28 June 11th 05 02:41 PM
Advice on e-bay unis onewheeldave Unicycling 11 April 25th 05 02:08 PM
My unis Krashin'Kenny Unicycling 22 September 9th 03 04:01 AM