Mountain Bikers Do $10,000 of Damage to King County, WA, Park

Old July 1st 05, 01:10 PM
SuperG

Default Mountain Bikers Do $10,000 of Damage to King County, WA, Park

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Mountain bikers think that "public" land means that they can do whatever they
want to it. They have an "entitlement" mentality.

Mike

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:56:55 EDT
Subject: $10,000 of trail damage done at Finhill

Hi,

This is what we at BBTC have to deal with sometimes, King County's position.

According to King County Parks Director Bobbie Wallace there was $10,000
worth of trail damage done at big Finnhill King County park. I saw her on local
TV
news I think Kiro 7 or one of the 3.

She also made reference to the damage done to public bath rooms at other
parks.

The huge bunch of dirt jumps that the county had to pay to have them removed
with a bobcat were shown on TV.
King County also had a boy scout troop work re planting the disturbed section
of forest land.

BBTC had 4 work party's to define a new section of trail and to do some more
replanting. Money was donated by the Evergreen State Trails Association or
ESTA.

I was kind of bummed to see Bobbie Wallace on TV with this dollar amount.
At least BBTC and ESTA made a good showing of MT bike volunteers and ESTA
funds. She didn't mention that.

Thanks again to all who came out to help fix the new section of trail.

Craig M

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Not true. All the mountain bikers I know plant trees, tip our hats at
Park Rangers and don't feed the bears....

Now, get back on topic and tell me what the best tire to use off road is...
Old July 5th 05, 08:26 AM
Westie

Mike Vandeman wrote:

Off-road biking is mountain biking, regardless of your irrelevant distinctions.
Are you saying mountain bikers never build and use dirt jumps? If so, you are
LYING -- nothing new for you....

*yawn*
C'mon Mike. You can do better than that. Using your definition,
Formula One racing is the same as driving a domestic motor vehicle.
--
Westie

Mountain Bikers Are Destroying Colorado! Gary S. Social Issues 1 July 1st 04 06:27 AM
Mountain bikers unite to oppose wilderness plan Jerry Bone Jr Mountain Biking 4 June 30th 04 04:30 PM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM
More Hate Mail from a Typical Mountain Biker Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 11 October 26th 03 05:14 AM
Mountain Biker Tries to Claim that Hikers Do More Damage Rice Mountain Biking 0 July 13th 03 03:40 AM