Brooks Cambium

Old January 6th 15, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Brooks Cambium

On 1/5/2015 3:46 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:06:15 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 1/5/2015 3:29 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I'm the one that asked about the Cambium so thanks for the review.

Any idea why they named it after a type of plant tissue?

Sure. Cyclists are always making wagers. In order to sell more
saddles, Brooks made these saddles edible, so that they could be used
in wagers where the loser gets to eat his saddle. If you see any
Brooks saddles with teeth or bite marks, you can guess what happened.
Of course Brooks would never intentionally advertise that the saddle
is edible, but I'm sure the word will get around after some fool tries
it and provides the obligatory YouTube video.

Did someone in marketing fail a biology test?

Nope. Marketing would never create a situation where they might be
accused of failing. Marketing always hires consultants to make the
mistakes and accept the blame. A substantial part of my income
involves gracefully accepting the blame for marketing disasters
immediately after I take the money and run.

Dilbert: http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2014-12-18/

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 6th 15, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

On 1/5/2015 3:29 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I'm the one that asked about the Cambium so thanks for the review.

Any idea why they named it after a type of plant tissue?

Did someone in marketing fail a biology test?

Probably no more that the guy that named the Ford Mustang (unless one
assumes that the garage needs mucking out each morning).

I remember Jay Leno's remark on GM's first prototype electric car, named
the "Impact."

"What? Was 'Flaming Ball of Death' taken?"

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 6th 15, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

On 1/5/2015 3:29 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I'm the one that asked about the Cambium so thanks for the review.

Any idea why they named it after a type of plant tissue?

Did someone in marketing fail a biology test?

Probably no more that the guy that named the Ford Mustang (unless one
assumes that the garage needs mucking out each morning).
--
Cheers,

John B.

HUDSON HORNET
Old January 6th 15, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

On 1/5/2015 3:29 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I'm the one that asked about the Cambium so thanks for the review.

Any idea why they named it after a type of plant tissue?

Did someone in marketing fail a biology test?

Probably no more that the guy that named the Ford Mustang (unless one
assumes that the garage needs mucking out each morning).
--
Cheers,

John B.

HUDSON HORNET

bbbbbzzzzzzzzzzz

DUNG BEETLE

https://www.google.com/#q=animal+ins...or+automobiles

MORMON WASP
Old January 6th 15, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 16:00:42 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 1/5/2015 12:06 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/5/2015 3:29 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I'm the one that asked about the Cambium so thanks for the
review.

Any idea why they named it after a type of plant tissue?

Did someone in marketing fail a biology test?

I assume it was available for trademark.

Good point. There are 67 existing trademarks listed on the USPTO
search page for Cambium, most of which have nothing to do with
cycling:
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=login&p_lang=english&p_d=trmk
Digging deeper, it looks like Brooks bought the trademark from Selle
Royal in 2008.
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4806:ld70oj.3.1

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old January 6th 15, 01:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

TESS !

The Cambrian period, part of the Paleozoic era, produced the most intense burst of evolution ever known. The Cambrian Explosion saw an incredible diversity of ...

now for musical content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk

Brooks again vey Techniques 14 September 28th 07 05:26 PM
Brooks B90 mod. How did they do that? [email protected] Techniques 11 May 20th 06 05:47 PM
Brooks B17 - Oh my God bob watkinson UK 41 May 19th 06 01:53 PM
Brooks B17 Andrew Price UK 0 April 2nd 06 02:57 PM
FS: Brooks B17 Garry Broad UK 4 February 3rd 04 08:15 PM